Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Engine lifetime extension with VFR only restriction

That does not comply with EU Regulations and certainly does not support a level playing field.

Take the fight by reporting it to EASA or get your aircraft on another reg.

A clear violation. I do not agree that the CAA can do what they want, they will lose in court every time they try this kind of trick. I would rather move my airplane to another reg however.

ESSZ, Sweden
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Go to the EASA GA community website and put your complaint in there, you normally get a reply within a day or two from somebody in the EASA GA section.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/community/ga/about
Southend, United Kingdom

Hi Zsolt, when is this supposed to take effect? Sounds like it could ground a significant % of the SEP fleet on the HA registry!

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 10 Jan 15:32
Tököl LHTL

boscomantico wrote:

Not what EASA says, but what YOUR CAA says. And the CAAs pretty much do what they want, thinking EASA gives them the regulatory freedom (or the task?) to decide these things on their own (whether they really do, I have no idea).

If that is what it is, then EASA has failed. Period.

Actually, I do not think it is like this, even tough some CAA’s keep trying to do their own thing. I asked the very question at the Roadmap meeting last year: “What happens if a CAA will try to gold plate EASA rule or will restrict GA against EASA regulation?” The answer was “Then they will get a gold plated finding!”

ELA1 and 2 as well as part NCO are clear on the TBO issue. Most CAA’s have conceeded that much. Therefore what the Hungarian CAA is doing is violating EU law.

I agree that this has to be brought to EASA’s attention asap and challenged in court if necessary.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

ELA1 and 2 as well as part NCO are clear on the TBO

Please educate me. Where exactly does part NCO say that CAAs may not have any discretion when approving maintenance programmes?

ELA1 and 2 are not EASA regulations, but aircraft classes within the EASA regulatory framework.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

When approving a maintenance program for an EASA aircraft you check that is complies with EASA regulations. If it does, there is no reason to ground or restrict it. Annex I is a different thing and in those cases the CAA can decide the rules and do what they like.

And where would it say in the AMP that it is not approved for IFR operations?

ESSZ, Sweden

In some thread on euroga I read that it was planned to be or is already (?) possible to go directly to EASA in case a national CAA is not in compliance to the regs.

I wonder if we’ll ever see a EU-REG painted on a plane :)

always learning
LO__, Austria

THe deadline is end of 2019, but in some cases, when previous extension exires, cannot be extended extended after end of March 2019

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary
Sign in to add your message