Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNS430W (and others) and 8.33 frequencies missing

I have just come across this having just loaded from Jep new nav/comm data onto my 16MB card.

All Airports that have changed over to 8.33 Frequencies no longer have retrievable frequencies .

Garmin have just confirmed this is a problem and there is no
fix in the pipeline. The problem is with Garmin and not Jep. The last mod to the Garmin 430W
software is 5.4 (sometime in 2017) but this will not fix the problem. I have added my name to the
complainants but we number 12 so far. Not a large pressure group!

The 430W will of course handle tx on 8.33 but the database for airports eg EGKA shows ‘no frequencies
available’.

Archer2
EGKA, United Kingdom

Likewise, Rochester 122.225 doesn’t show.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Stanley, can you tell me who you complained too so that I can lodge a complaint as well

Rob
I spoke to Athur (that’s the spelling) at Garmin Tel 0370 850 1243 I am sure he will be glad to hear from you.

Archer2
EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you

I will have just have confirmed, but will then contact Garmin (Athur) as well.

If this is a general issue, as it seems, it would of course be good if A LOT more guys raised their hands. AFAIK, all controlled airports in Sweden has changed frequencies recently, with the 8.33 implementation.

ESOW, Sweden

is this specific to the W or also the vanilla-430s?

ESMK, Sweden

I suspect the reason this has not come out sooner is that few pilots in Europe use the GPS → radio frequency preload feature, because frequencies keep changing and you never know which you will get.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I use the smart frequency feature almost exclusively, rarely dial in at all … Did not recognize a problem yet on the non-WAAS. Is it software version dependent? Mine got updated in November.

Last Edited by at 21 Jan 17:27

I had noticed this but naively assumed it was a delay in updating the database. Not happy.

EGCJ, United Kingdom
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message