Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNS430W (and others) and 8.33 frequencies missing

Try [email protected]
They at least can pass the message to those who matter in the US.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Peter wrote:

My guess is that only a few users of these use them for airport frequency reference.

Well, the issue includes also airspace frqs. Scandinavia is on 8.33 format. I have only the airports who did not move to 8.33

Pilot-H wrote:

It is extremely frustrating to have had this disappear

Indeed it is frustrating when you used to have them as standby on your radio, if connected to GPS, (eq ICOM A220).

AndersB wrote:

Do any of you know a suitable e-mailadress

I’m exchanging emails and clarifications on this address [email protected]
wigglyamp wrote:

Try [email protected]
They at least can pass the message to those who matter in the US.

This may be a better one since on my e-mail I’m getting irellevant questions like “Did you make sure the airports you are trying to access are within the coverage of the database you have loaded?”

ES?? - Sweden

I mailed the [email protected] adress now, let’s see what happens.

ESOW, Sweden

I think there is little chance of Garmin releasing an update to the most current version, unless it is mandated by an AD. I had reported a bug to Garmin in 2016 that was in version 5.30 and they accepted the report but advised that they had no plans to make any more software updates, but if they did, they would fix the bug. Fortunately for me, they made an update to 5.40 in Dec of 2017 to add support for the GFC500 and the G5. The best chance is if they add support for some new device. Good luck, you will need it.

KUZA, United States

Looking back in the forum, I see that all, including myself, have spoken to Arthur
On Garmin request I send also pictures with display not showing frequencies.
Don’t understand why they need this, they should have a good understanding of what the box is doing and displaying.

NCYankee wrote:

Good luck, you will need it.

Thanks, indeed we need it.

ES?? - Sweden

Would anybody know if the newer Garmin devices (e.g. 255A, 175, etc.) do handle 8.33 frequencies better ?
One would guess they do, but a pilot report (from a user who has such a device) and a confirmation
could be interesting.

AJ
Germany

AJ wrote:

Would anybody know if the newer Garmin devices (e.g. 255A, 175, etc.) do handle 8.33 frequencies better ?

I have GNC255A. Has frequency DB and shows 8.3 frequencies. Database updates also contain new correct 8.3 frequencies. (just did update few weeks ago).
When you tune a freq, GNC shows the call sign, so you know it’s the correct one.
I think you can also look up frequencies, but i’ve never needed it and never tried it.

Can not say anything about 175, but as it’s a very new device I would be surprised if it did not handle 8.33 well

I’m surprised though updates on 430 are an issue, although it’s also pretty old i assumed it was still supported. (When looking for options to upgrade to 8.3 2 years ago I got some suggestions to put in a refurb 430, i think some people went that route)

EBTN, EBST, Belgium

There is SB from garmin for that. They will not support anymore 8.33 freqs in databases of 430 and similar units, even waas. Thats poor from Garmin…

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark
28 Posts
Sign in to add your message