Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Summary of EASA regulations for GA maintenance (and SDMP)

One can put “on-condition” for a propeller in a SDMP, and maintenance that are recommendations from manufacturers do not have to be obeyed. Peter wrote:

The first thing people would do is drop the Annual, the 150hr check, the 6yr prop overhaul In Germany they would have dropped the Annual and (I know this is historical now) Cessna owners would have dropped the corrosion SIDs (instead of transferring the planes to G-reg and then, with brexit, back to D-reg, by which time the LBA dropped the SIDs). So there has to be a procedure, and some compromise… Presumably an SDMP has to be, at a minimum, the manufacturer’s programme in the MM.

No, not quite right.
One can drop 6yr prop overhaul for example, and all other manufacture recommendations.
Minimums are in as @zuutroy mentioned in ‘minimum inspection programme’ and they include something like:
- every 2year avionics check,
- replacement of belts
- ELT check.. etc.

If there is safety addition to Type certificate of a propeller for example, that one has to be obeyed.

LQVI,LJMB

Jujupilote wrote:

You can’t, because of ADs, mandatory SBs

AD you have to comply with, sure. But there are no such thing as mandatory SB. Well, I know some are self titled like that, but they’re not mandatory.

So MIP + AD + items in limitations chapter of POH (usually Ch.3), to be exhaustive.
But the question is the same: why to increase the burden in the MIP?

LECU - Madrid, Spain

A search on SDMP digs out various good threads. This one is also relevant.

Knowing a lot of the participants, the one thing obvious to me is that all the people who say this is easy are experts in EASA regs, sometimes experts in certification (drawing up EASA STCs etc), while everybody else who has tried it is struggling and most have given up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t understand how you can ‘struggle’. Draw it up with the help of the person who will issue the ARC, adhere to it. The only struggle should be if you crash and are found to be non compliant with some obscure part of the legislation, no? Even then I don’t see how that could be, once you cover the MIP at least.

EIMH, Ireland

My comment was really regarding setting up the SDMP.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

My comment was really regarding setting up the SDMP.

In my case the CAMO did it for us, but it didn’t seem very complicated.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message