Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Controller–pilot data link communications (CPDLC)

Snoopy wrote:

If interested I can post some PDC, CPDLC, OCA (NAT HLA clearance), KUSA PDC (we load that one directly into the FMC route – „load/execute“) screenshots from work.

Absolutely. And yes it was cold.

EGTK Oxford

Interested !!

Some screenshots US eastbound:

KUSA logon on the ground to receive…

…the departure IFR clearance, which is subsequently loaded into the FMC directly to mitigate errors.

Coasting out via NEW YORK OCEANIC, so no separate oceanic clearance required, only mach number and level is confirmed and selcal check done.

Crossover to next oceanic sector via CPDLC and ADS-C is done automatically. Again quick selcal check done that’s all.

ADS reporting history.

CPDLC level request.

Denied :)

Rightfully so :)

Coasting in connecting to domestic CPDLC.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Eurocontrol have seemed to struggle to produce a standard for CPLDC.
They ran a programme called Link 2000 and I remember discussing it with Cessna in 2007 and being told that the Proline 21 implementation was not finished because the standard was not frozen. I had the same conversation with the same outcome in 2017/2018

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Thank you @Snoopy
Thats very interesting reading for basic private pilot as I am.

JasonC wrote:

Yes it works brilliantly in the US. But only out of larger airports. D-ATIS also exists in Europe but no GA source ie FF provide them. FF provides D-ATIS in the US.

@JasonC, do you have an information source about D-ATIS in Europe …. plans, airport list, data sources? If it could be distributed by ADL devices it would be useful to GA enroute before close enough for ATIS reception, especially now that ADL TAF/METARs appear on the ForeFlight weather tab for an airport.

Last Edited by chflyer at 09 Nov 11:59
LSZK, Switzerland

Bumping up an old thread.

Just read the following in UK eAIP:
https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2020-03-12/html/eAIC/EG-eAIC-2020-012-Y-en-GB.html

Is my understanding correct that any aircraft flying RVSM and getting a TC after Feb 2020 MUST have a CPDLC?
In other words: next (not the one just got certified), say, TBM will be equipped?

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

Is my understanding correct that any aircraft flying RVSM and getting a TC after Feb 2020 MUST have a CPDLC?
In other words: next (not the one just got certified), say, TBM will be equipped?

TBM use a TBM700 TC so not in that case but yes that was supposed to happen.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

TBM use a TBM700 TC so not in that case but yes that was supposed to happen.

Wow, so no GA aircraft from FL290?
The cheapest Garmin that can do CPDLC through GSR56 is G3000, to my knowledge…

EGTR

You need VHF datalink not satellite in Europe I believe so a third VHF radio not a GSR56 type unit.

But not like there are a lot of light GA aircraft in RVSM airspace.

Last Edited by JasonC at 07 May 06:46
EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message