Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aerospace Logic - Two Tank Fuel Level instrument - any users?

Currently looking at replacing original fuel gauges, in a C182P (c.1974).

Has anyone experience of these resistive gauges from AeroSpace Logic? I’m not convinced that float-type senders can be accurate
enough in bladder tanks. Perhaps more sense to research accurate fuel-flow kit?

http://www.aerospacelogic.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=56

Last Edited by 2greens1red at 02 May 13:58
Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

One report here.

You really need a fuel totaliser, unless doing trivial local flights only.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You may want to take a look at this short video from one of our customers. Both senders and our instrument are covered under our EASA STC.

Customer Comments and Video

Thanks

@Aerospace_Logic rather than just posting an advertisement, can you answer the question in post #1?

Administrator

We have hundreds of customers flying bladder tanks with float type senders and our instruments. The combined system can easily provide +/- 1USG and better accuracy with the CiES sender. The calibration process maps the fuel level relative to sender and bladder movement to create a specific, one-of, performance curve for each tank.

I got it wrong in post #1, as A-Logic don’t use resistive senders, so I’d be seriously interested to know whether their ‘magnetic field technology’ would perform OK with our bladder tanks. We’d like to delay replacing the tanks as our budget has a few other priorities to deal with.

Edit 1- our posts crossed – thanks, will be in contact.

Edit 2 – I’m curious to know how one calibrates float-type senders – in the cruise? On the ground? I’ll get hold of the installation manual.

Last Edited by 2greens1red at 04 May 15:05
Swanborough Farm (UK), Shoreham EGKA, Soysambu (Kenya), Kenya

Fuel tanks are always calibrated with the aircraft in level flight attitude, with the aircraft on the ground.

Last Edited by Aerospace_Logic at 05 May 01:27

I think 2g was concerned about accuracy when the bladder has collapsed because it isn’t full. Does that happen? I don’t know if bladders are glued in place, or are just lying there.

Administrator

This is a 182 with bladder tanks that I calibrated new CEIS senders recently with a Garmin EIS. The bladders don’t collapse as the tank empties.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Can you use the orignial Cessna fuel guage senders with these?

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message