Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avidyne 10.2.3.1 software

Avidyne just launched the 10.2.3.1 software for IFD series, that fixes multiple issues related to GPS, Wi-Fi and also adds compatibility to 3rd party avionics such as Garmin G5 and L3’s Lynx NGT-9000 remote transponder.

Does anybody know where I can find the. dsf file needed for upgrade?

Thank you.

LRIA, Romania

Can you not get it from Avidyne?

Are they restricting it to their dealers?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It seems so. The previous release that fixed the GPS roll over issue was available to everyone.

Hopefully we will be able to upgrade without having to go to a dealer.

LRIA, Romania

Life with these products is a damn lot harder if you don’t have a friendly dealer nearby…

Administrator

I finally managed to get the software, however after reading the installation guide I can see there are so many ways you can brick the unit, I postponed it for next week.

First I have to make sure I have a power cart that can supply uninterrupted energy for over an hour, then follow the instructions step by step in a specific order. Then, after hopefully my A&P IA signs it off for it to be legal, restore  some of the settings.

There are so many ways you can brick it, just inadvertently open the other IFD or do an incorrect power cycle and you’re set for a $1,200 repair fee.

If made publicly available to end users, I predict at least 500 units will get bricked.

LRIA, Romania

Yes I heard this from a UK avionics guy 2 years ago. He said they don’t like the very long time it takes to update the firmware on these, compared with Garmins. Maybe there is a reason; maybe the data size is a lot bigger.

Didn’t they make the previous (urgent update, with the week rollover fix) more available?

Administrator

Yes, but that was a simple 5 minutes update, that only updated the GPS part of the firmware.

LRIA, Romania
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message