Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your favourite cheap/mods/upgrades/improvements under €1k

“How does it depend on your country of registration? There is a Standard Change for this.”
I understand this seems to be a problem under EASA, my registry accepts STC’s from USA, would be pleased to hear this is incorrect.

EGNS, Other

The implementation of EASA regs varies around Europe, as does the way they are understood by different companies. And most aircraft owners are at the mercy of their maintenance company, absolutely and totally.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

PeteD wrote:

I understand this seems to be a problem under EASA, my registry accepts STC’s from USA, would be pleased to hear this is incorrect.

The point is that under the SC you don’t need an STC.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

With EASA CS-STAN you don‘t need an STC, neither FAA nor EASA, but you may need the mercy of your shop, if the standard change says, not to be done by the pilot owner. We should open a new thread on bashing shops, as there is a lot now going one which is not ok.

Germany

We should open a new thread on bashing shops, as there is a lot now going one which is not ok.

Can you be more specific?

Various previous threads – example. But if you would like to start a thread, feel free. This is more productive than suggesting that someone else should do it

Remember, you have been down this road before, though under a different character who then requested his account to be removed.

Administrator

???

Germany

Can one get sheepskin seats for under 1k?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Yep – Sheepskin with a burn cert for 2 seats is about $150 max. Each seat could be recovered then, either the front only, or whole seat for £200-250 a seat. I might experiment with Oregon Aero foam next one I do.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Yes, under 500$ for 2, in the US and shipped to Europe or for slightly more in Germany (easier if the cut is not as good as promised – experience…)

And on longer flights they are priceless, winter AND summer ;-)

Last Edited by ch.ess at 20 May 19:23
EDM_, Germany

Surely, seats have to be stripped, and re-upholstered from scratch. I thought that job normally costs thousands, for four seats. And often the steel structure needs various repairs.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message