Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Recommendations for AP overhaul/exchange and KI256 overhaul?

Dear all,
after having some unanticipated bills for repaired, overhaled and exchanged Honeywell roll servo and a trim servo in my TB20 I´m of the opinion that there should be a few more avionic maintenance shops out there in Germany and border countries?

I´d appreciate if anybody ould give me recommendation for my next “projects”

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

That servo doesn’t look burnt out to me. It might be it is faulty but if the servo is dead it could be the motor that’s finally gone, and these cannot be obtained, and even if they can it is really hard to change it because of the way the servo has been assembled.

If you can find an “electronics boffin” and are willing to fix it discreetly “off the books” then there are fairly easy ways to troubleshoot it, otherwise you are stuck with sending it back to Honeywell in the US, or getting a similar large 4 digit bill in the usual place in central Europe

I don’t know of anyone who repairs these things in Europe officially.

AIUI the KFC225 servo replacement business is as healthy as ever so I wonder where all the avionics shops are sending them to?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This firm has repaired KFC225 and 200 servos http://www.sibavionique.com/ based at Dinan.

EGBP Kemble, United Kingdom

I can warmly recommend:
Avionik Straubing www.avionik.de at EDMS. Ask for Martin Scheifl.
They have a lot of spare parts, all the certifications even from all manufacturers, even those who have thinned out their service networks like Honeywell. So they can do most of the stuff officially.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 21 Jun 11:30
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

I am informed that Straubing are the “well into 4 digits” outfit in this case

SIBA is a very interesting lead. This business seriously needs more options.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Happy new year to you! After having trouble with the KFC 225 controlled servos in 2019, I assume now my KS 271 roll servo is defect (again): does anybody know about any proceedings to revise Mod 11 or does Honeywell B/K in the meantime have an acceptable warranty? My KC270/271 (new) and the KI-256 (overhauled) have been exchanged in Straubing about 80 hrs ago. Well, my trust in avionic shops is wearing off increasingly. This is still a bad deal and I would like to find out if there are maybe other avionic shops around in “central europe” who would perhaps hand over a Mod 9 Servo to me? Of course any av-shop has maybe no other possibility than exchange any stuff according to Honeywell B/K standing orders. Did something new come up in a recommendation of any av-shop recently?

TB20 Airman

Not sure if you’re looking at a replacement for the servo, or the AI; if the latter, may I be first this time around to suggest a Garmin GI-275 – it should drive your AP fine.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

@tmo: yes of course a way for the near future, however the need to keep one´s electrical system fit enough if the (still single) Alternator packs up

TB20 Airman

The unit comes with a reasonable backup battery; there is a way to get a standby alternator fitted, @Peter wrote it up in this thread – or there are interesting alternatives, for example BAE TurboAlternator (yes, I know, TB20 is not STCed).

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Isn’t the point of the GI275/G5 to get rid of the vaccuum pump, which makes room for a standby alternator ?

SIBA has a used KI256 for sale on their website.

LFOU, France
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message