Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin G5 and Navomatic 300A

10 Posts

Hi. I’m looking way to connecte navomatic 300A (CA395A) to Garmin G5 via Gad29b.
I can’t find any wiring for this ap.

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

This is a rare one. Google finds the user manual only, it seems. No installation manual.

Some US sites say it is driven from a fake heading bug the whole time.

Check your email also…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What’s a ‘fake heading bug’?

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

No idea, but perhaps you have the answer for the OP?

Administrator

If the interface isn’t shown in the G5 STC installation manual then it’s not approved so can’t be used.

ARC/Cessna avionics equipment tends to have non-standard interfaces. For example, the RMI used in Cessna 1000 installations used a VOR composite signal which is 180 degrees out-of-phase with that used by King, Garmin, Narco and Collins!

Avionics geek.

The aircraft may be homebuilt so the legal issues won’t exist.

Administrator

It won’t have a Cessna autopilot in a home-built.

Avionics geek.

Przemek wrote:

Hi. I’m looking way to connecte navomatic 300A (CA395A) to Garmin G5 via Gad29b.
I can’t find any wiring for this ap.

I’ve managed to get this working on a Cessna today. Heading mode and GPSS work fine. Send me a PM if you want details and a wiring diagram.

Avionics geek.

@Wigglyamp,

I came across your post while searching for a wiring diagram for a 300A Navomatic in my Cardinal. Is there any possibility you might have one? Need to know specifically which pins are for power in and ground. System is 28 volts.

United States

Chump – you joined the forum using a fake email address… Normally this results in a removal. PMs aren’t going to work for you, too.

Administrator
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message