Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Electrics Mechanic France

I’ve just diverted to Dijon LFSD in my 28V Bonanza because the voltage regulator dropped off line. There’s no one here who can help. If I can charge the battery enough to start, where is the closest airfield I could get the voltage regulator changed?

Thanks in advance!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Robin Aircraft is based in Dijon Darois. Maybe they can help ?

EBST, Belgium

Troyes aviation.

EGTF, LFTF

Call before going anywhere.
You can try troyes aviation in Troyes LFQB, they know big SEPs (Mooney, Piper, Beech…) but may be expensive.
There is a reputable shop in Gray LFEV, but I don’t know if they repair Bonanzas.

Good luck with your issue.

LFOU, France

TextronAviationServiceDirectory_pdf

This seems to cover Beechcraft also.

Hi Chris, not sure how much help this doc will be but theres a phone no of a uk guy who deals with France.
There’s also a service centre in Paris, not to far from you.

I’ll take another look.

Last Edited by GA_Pete at 02 Sep 11:28
United Kingdom

Thanks guys. The battery is now charging. The folks here are recommending Darois so we’ll try there first.

Spending too long online

I can also recommend Darois. There are several options for the Bonanza at the field. We had once an issue with a tyre. Could have been solved by two mechanics at the field immediately. We have chosen one only because they offered us more coffee during we waited. ;-)

EDDS , Germany

We managed to get the battery on charge and after an hour or so I started the engine. The voltage regulator came back on line so we flew back to the UK. If it hadn’t we’d have flown the 9nm to Darois.

VR ordered. Thanks again for the advice!

Spending too long online

When something like this happened to me, far from home, it wasn’t the alternator which a friend carried out to me in his hand baggage, or the regulator, or the overvoltage trip. However, changing each one ‘cured’ the problem for 10 or 20 hours. In the end, it was the field breaker, which I noticed when I touched it during one of the by then regular blackouts. A flick of the fingernail, not pushing on it, and bing! Everything back on. That breaker sits proudly on my desk to this day.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Glad you got sorted Chris.
It’s very unsettling to go Tech, away from base.

United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message