Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose A20 genuine ear cushions

I bought this on Amazon

but it is clearly not the correct fit. The inner part is totally wrong shape. The earcup cushion might fit but looks cheap.

Can one obtain the real item?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter
Take your headset into the pilot shop inside the terminal at LFAT and they will fit new ones while you go in to town, ready when you return

Yep Bose sell the direct on their website for €33.

EIMH, Ireland

Buy cheap, buy twice. Should have asked any Bose dealer.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I actually need to replace some ear seals on my a20’s. Interesting to know about the amazon ones. I’ll try to pick up some genuine ones.

I sent the amazon ones back today.

The reason I (and most others) buy on Amazon is to avoid paying a lot of money for postage, and if it is crap (which a lot of stuff is) you can send it back easily and for free, for a refund. Of course this is funded by a heavy margin sliced off the vendor’s margin – about 15%, looking at my company’s numbers.

The amazon ones above actually don’t look bad and the earcups would probably be possible to fit; it was the inner bit which was quite obviously wrong, and while it could be trimmed with scissors (it seems to have no function other than aesthetics) I decided to not bother.

How much are yours, Peter?

Take your headset into the pilot shop inside the terminal at LFAT

I once bought something there (a watch!) and found out that the shop owner is there only 1 day a week. Maybe the counter staff do it?

Administrator

I changed my lightspeed ear seals at the LFAT shop during a customs stop. They didn’t do it for me but I did it myself on their desk. The shop is open Monday to Friday.

LFOU, France

€33 – the reguar dealer price. Incredibe but Transair at Shoreham do not appear to stock them. Given the frequency of you visits to LFAT that would seem to be the ideal soution for you.

Transair do actually stock them. I got a set for £38 (inc. VAT) just now.

They are really difficult to fit, and they don’t come with the “middle” foam components. I discarded one of these unfortunately (because the amazon ones came with them) so now I have a slightly strange looking headset.

Administrator

The genuine Bose component does not include anything but the cushions.

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message