Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CAMO - who uses which and how much is it?

Do you keep your plane in a CAMO? How much can one expect to pay for the service? Preferably non-UK.
Thanks!

always learning
LO__, Austria

I use Aeroservice (Slovenia – at LJBL) – they used to provide CAMO services to me for free (friendship), now they charge something but even if I disclose the figure, it won’t mean anything to you because it’s significantly below market price. Ardex (previous CAMO for my DA42) in 2015 charged me €550 – as far as I remember the price was based on 100 flight hours a year while for more there was some extra charge “due to increased CAMO workload”

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

1440 EUR per year for DA40
2500 EUR per year for the TBM
Free for the Extra at local aero club, but not in CAMO anymore. Didn’t make sense for single seater.

LPFR, Poland

ca 100 EUR/month for P28A , Benair/Denmark

EETU, Estonia

This thread is worth a read, as are others found with a search on “CAMO”.

Some of the above numbers are eye watering, given that this is only the maintenance of a paperwork package. I thought the 1k/year I heard of a Swiss CAMO was the pinnacle, but it sure isn’t.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Some of the above numbers are eye watering, given that this is only the maintenance of a paperwork package.

Not quite. The CAMO is also preparing the work orders for maintenance.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

My club (Sweden) pays about €750/year for each aircraft (P28A and C172) plus an additional €500/year for ARC renewal.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 11 Oct 14:57
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Wow. I pay on time spent, at the same rate as the mechanics.

ELLX

Aircraft maintenance paperwork is very time consuming, precise and dull work. Even a humble permit renewal or W&B takes a long time. Making up a time life sheet for a new aeroplane can take ages. Any book work like this you can sub out makes life easy. Having a CAMO on board with up to date paperwork does add to the value of the aeroplane too if you need to sell it. In the UK the alternatives to not having a CAMO can vary from a SDMP with everything deferred, to a roughly filled in CAP 543 booklet and the AD’s in the pink pages. Trying to evaluate aircraft like these is not easy.

Our club aeroplane is maintained in CAMO with our local 145 and it makes life very easy.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Around 1500 Euros/year for Meridian at Piper Germany. I don’t think that is too bad, they keep all aircraft documentation up to date and full schedule of component times. Plus alert me in good time of up and coming items to overhaul/replace.

Lydd
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message