Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Propeller overhaul gone wrong

The bad news is that the company that is overhauling my prop for the past five weeks has damaged it beyond repair. The good news is that they don’t beat around the bush and shell out for two brand new propellorblades, and they don’t come cheap. They don’t come quickly either. It takes until mid december! I need to do my profcheck this month to keep my CB-IR valid and now I need to rent something. I think there is a fair case to be made to declare at least some of the costs, if not all, with the overhaul company (it’s a German company). What would you say?

EHTE, Netherlands

In any field other than non jet GA I’d say go for it. Given what we know of the difficulties of GA maintenance businesses in the age of Part-M and the fact they are being professional about it, maybe not.

EGTF, LFTF

If they compensate you with a brand new propeller(or the blades) I think that should be sufficient. Will they charge you as usual or do you also get a discount?
I would not claim extra expenses. Anyone can screw up and it seems like they are taking their responsibility.

ESSZ, Sweden

Did you find out what happened?

Rather than money, I would be more concerned about that

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Something went wrong in the electroplating shop, I need to give them a call to find out what that ‘mishap’ was.

EHTE, Netherlands

Something went wrong in the electroplating shop, I need to give them a call to find out what that ‘mishap’ was.

I wonder what is “electroplated” on a propeller. What make and P/N is it?

Administrator

EASA IR renewal discussion moved here.

Administrator
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message