Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What is the sleeve and nut on this fuel pipe?

The below photo is 3/8 fuel pipe on a Piper PA-28. I am trying to work out what the nut and sleeve are on this pipe and where they can be obtained.

It is not the normal AN819-6D sleeve but perhaps it is the AN818-6D nut? I am told this is a flareless fitting – it certainly looks like it works more like the olive one gets on a plumbing compression fitting. Any information on part numbers or suppliers welcome.

United Kingdom

I suspect that this is a 6T12-D ferrule and a B12D nut the manufacturer is Parker.

Thank you so much @A_and_C – Very helpful – They seem tricky to get but I’m hunting for them now!

United Kingdom

How on earth did A&C work that out??

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The price I got back for 4 x sleeves was £ 135 !! – the nuts are out of stock. Interesting to compare to plumbing olives at a few pence each!

United Kingdom

That is actually a pretty good price. The alternate part number 460-464 comes up as $171 each on controller.com

https://www.controller.com/parts/aircraft-parts-for-sale-parts-search-results?page=1&partnumber=460-464

You could buy the 4, and sell 3 on eBay over a few years for £49.99 each. Looking online it seems many folks have this issue with piper fuel fittings.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Just in case this helps anybody these are the fittings used.

Intru_Lok_Flareless_Bite_Type_Fittings_pdf local copy

The ferrule is 6 TI2-D – Thanks again to @A_and_C for giving me the part number. It can make a difference when searching on Google to leave a gap between the 6 and the rest if the part number. Also @WilliamF for the Piper Part number.

I still can’t believe the price for a tiny ferrule! If anybody wants to sell me a couple PM me (I’d rather have 4). I have been trying to work out if the high price is due to minimum order quantities so have also been looking for larger quantities just in case

United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message