Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KSN770 - opinions?

That’s a nice video, thanks for posting it, @BR.

Maybe one should have a play with the unit as it currently stands. I had a play with it in Germany in April 2014 (not shipping then) and the touch screen was poor – similar response to the one in my VW satnav (RNS-510) which I then had exchanged under warranty but the replacement was just the same. The touch screens on the GTN750 and the IFD540 were much better, with the 540 better of those two.

I would agree with the general sentiment about King products being good. I think they really were at the top of the league of quality and reliability in the 1980s and 1990s. Then the company collapsed… The KFC225 was never fixed, too. I have a mostly King panel right now

which was even more “King” from the factory

though once I re-do the centre stack for LPV capability, all the remaining King stuff will be gone – except the KFC225.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The question is what volumes. I’d be surprised if the volume wasn’t at least 100 times larger than typical avionics batch sizes.

We make the instrument cluster for the McLaren P1, that’s low volume! The TFT in the P1 cluster is unique to that product

Last Edited by Neil at 28 Jul 07:27
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Neil wrote:

We make the instrument cluster for the McLaren P1, that’s low volume! The TFT in the P1 cluster is unique to that product

Funnily, when I last was at McLaren (about a year ago), I didn’t see any TFT (or LC screen) in their cluster… must be something new

LSZK, Switzerland

The whole instrument cluster on the P1 is one big LCD and always has been?

Peter
Maybe I don’t have a sophisticated touch but the screen on the KSN770 works as well my iPad which is good enough for me.
I can’t comment on or compare the user interface on the new Garmin 650/750 series because I have little experience with them but compared to the 430/530 the KNS770 is far superior and the main reason I have one.
My experience so far with BK support on this product has been very satisfactory. They’re telling me and I hope it’s true that they’re determined to become a valid competitor to G in this market. In my opinion we need that.

BR
BR
K07F Gladewater TX USA

Administrator

Hello
Does any one have experience and advice on the King RNAV KSN770 ?
I am looking for RNAV GNSS WAAS to be installed in my Mooney for IFR RNAV GNSS approaches
Thanks
Philip

France

Post moved to existing KSN770 thread. I suggest a read of the thread; the KSN770 looks a risky proposition. The least risky is a Garmin GTN750 and the Avidyne IFD540 is somewhere in the middle

Welcome to EuroGA, @philip

Administrator

Just heard from someone in the business:

KSN770 is certified and available, but not selling. The development cost was astronomical, several ens of millions USD, but HBK desperately needed something in this area.

Administrator
109 Posts
Sign in to add your message