Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KSN770 - opinions?

The latest I can seem to find on the web is that BK say they are shipping the KSN770 in Q1 2014.

With all the publicity, on the web & at trade shows as well as offering trade in deals for old BK avionics they are going to look rather stupid if they don’t come up with the goods shortly as it was first announced in 2008 !

Aircraft Spruce are also advertising this nonexistent vapourware.

There must be some business motivation behind this tactic but it is a mystery to me.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,

I have not forgotten our bet made in London. “£20 says KSN770 will make it to EASA land”. It looks like I might be paying you. The price of wishful thinking. I had an email from BK a few weeks ago stating that had no information on when the unit would be EASA certified. So am planning to installed a Garmin 750 instead. Why now? Well the need to upgrade to an 8.33 kHz radio equates to a £4k discount.

Like you I am happy with the KLN94 linked to an MFD and the rest of the BK avionics, but it is becoming outdated. Take the database update system for instance, and the MFD screen quality,

Best wishes for the new year,

Graham

It isn’t even FAA certifed, Graham, and their dealers don’t know when it might be.

You can buy me a beer next time we meet

What problems do you have with the KLN94 database? It has not lost any functionality that I can see.

Administrator

Peter,

I don’t know about you but I still fiddle about with a Sandisk card reader and an old computer that runs on XP.

Graham

Yes – I still use the SDDR31 writer.

I don’t think any of the GPS manufacturers offers a better solution than some hacked flash writer… do they?

They all involve some kind of flash writer, or data upload from an attached computer. Until they get wifi / 3g integrated (and that isn’t going to work in many locations) they have to do something like that, and it needs to be rigged to prevent people programming multiple flash cartridges from the same paid-for database cycle (I believe there was a way around that on the non-W GNS boxes).

Administrator

The Bendix King KSN770 is now finally certified for EASA and flying.. only took them eight years.

EDLN and EDKB

Where did they say that?

There is a lot of stuff around suggesting it is certified but when one enquires it turns out to be false. (Same for the IFD540).

Administrator

The Bendix King KSN770 is now finally certified for EASA

Isn’t it April Fool’s Day today?

EDxx, Germany

Clearly it’s a slow day for me…

Next thing somebody will say Honeywell have fixed the KFC225 smokin’ servos, deciding that being an ethical company takes precedence over the millions made by selling replacements.

Any offers?

Aviation should be a fertile ground for this kind of stuff.

Last Edited by Peter at 01 Apr 07:53
Administrator
Sign in to add your message