Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GI275

How much is the GI275, including the KI256 adaptor?

I can find is absolutely nothing on this product on google, which is amazing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Starting at $3,995 USD

EBST, Belgium

What are the STCs?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m feeling the love for the Engine Monitor, but the Attitude Indicator I’m squinting at my laptop looking at it trying to figure out the advantage over a G5.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Peter wrote:

What are the STCs?

FAA AML STC in place covering pretty much all Part 23 types including Class 3/4 (so up to turbo-props for some functions). EASA STC validation in progress and expected in the near future.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

According to Plane&Pilot magazine;

Cost of the unit will vary depending on what role it fills. With a built-in ADAHARS, it goes for $3,995. With an autopilot interface, it’s $4,995.

EBST, Belgium

Trek Lawler stated that “it has very similar autopilot approvals as our G500/600 product lines”.
So it is likely that KFC APs will be in scope. Century III are confirmed already.
I believe it effectively has a GAD43 equivalent interface built in.

The AML is said to be “the largest AML we have introduced a product with, with over 1200 airframes approved on it”.

Last Edited by tmo at 15 Jan 14:23
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

tmo wrote:

So it is likely that KFC APs will be in scope. Century III are confirmed already.

I think that was the expectation so far: have an interface the two legacy autopilots that sound like fried chicken menus or real estate agencies (or why one would want another G5?)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Expectations aside, now the list of autopilots the GI275 can interface with local copy has been published.
It does indeed include the old King / Century / Stec / Cessna stuff, plus others, probably from bigger GA planes (this works for Class 3 as well).

Interestingly, no support for Garmin’s GFC500 yet, expected “later in 2020”.

Last Edited by tmo at 15 Jan 15:22
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

tmo wrote:

It does indeed include the old King / Century / Stec / Cessna stuff, plus others, probably from bigger GA planes (this works for Class 3 as well)

I see from the list that it doesn’t support the Century 11/111 as a gyro replacement. Hopefully this will come later as there are loads out there which would benefit from this.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.
Sign in to add your message