Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Info on Latvian maintenance facility

Does anyone have experience or other knowledge of the Latvian maintenance facility PSAC Rigas Aeroklubs? Despite the name it is a part 145 shop.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

No, but I can ask my mechanic – SIA “Aero Restoration” , also in Riga, I’m very happy with them..
Anything specific you want to know or just general reputation?

Last Edited by ivark at 16 Jan 18:00
EETU, Estonia

Based on one of the early posts on EuroGA, one might argue for staying well clear from those parts of Europe

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Based on one of the early posts on EuroGA, one might argue for staying well clear from those parts of Europe

I have heard people reporting both good and bad things about a well-known Lithuanian shop. Apparently the key to success it to take firm control of the project from the very beginning and knowing exactly what work is needed and what is not.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Apparently the key to success it to take firm control of the project from the very beginning and knowing exactly what work is needed and what is not.

You could say that about most GA maintenance work

Unfortunately the vast majority of owners are not able to do that, and even less so at a distance. BeechFlyer was in Norway, for example. Most of the jobs I’ve heard of which have gone badly wrong – and with a particular Robin at the top of the scale – involved a distance which made it impossible for the customer to pop in and check progress.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have no knowledge of maintenance in Latvia but have landed at Spilve, which turned out to be a friendly place. However, they do insist on a ‘yellow jacket’ rule which seems a little incongruous outside the UK. You find out why when, unloading your aircraft in the designated parking spot, a microlight skims closely overhead whilst landing on the apron in front of the ‘Jurassic Park’ terminal building! Slightly ‘Wild West’, I think.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message