Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Commander 680 Can It Be Reskined

Thank you.. it’s why I was inquiring I to was told the last owner died.. my Parents retired, left LA and are now living in Kingman.. absolutely dry.. will call the Airport again in the am.. hard to get a call back from management.. Thanks.

Trying to Find My Dream Aero Commander
Santa Monica, United States

The Siesta RV Park in Imperial Beach (the first beach town on the Pacific coast north of the Mexican border) is IMHO the precisely perfect residence for the owner of a deregistered Aero Commander twin. That is the address listed, but regardless the last registered owner of N2775B appears to me to have passed away in 2013 at an advanced age. There are photos on the web of the plane on the ramp at Kingman (a dry place where one might choose to store a plane) taken several years before that time.

At least somebody is putting air in the tires…

Last Edited by Silvaire at 23 Jan 05:54

I’ll look up reg and see if I can find out who owns it thanks. Also I DM you about the ACFP..

No, don’t know it specifically, but can tell you that’s the original registration. They often came with factory reg in the N2500B-region. My personal favorite of the geared ones was the 560F. It had crazy range and short, almost STOL-like takeoff. Well over 1500nm. They are pretty rare.

Hey Adam do you happen to know about this 560a by chance? It was sitting in kingman AZ and someone said it’s been there for a while but I could not verify if it was.

Thanks Adam, yes I definitely want the geared engines. Pressureization is not so important, it just happens to be with the 720. I do know the 560 A and 560E is what the 680E was born from .. the 680E has the 7500 gross vs the 560A’s 6000. Because i want to purchase a commander i can keep for years, i though that eventually I’d want the extra gross load usage. Thank you for the lead on the FP.

I sent an email connecting you with Glenn who has the 680FP.

The 680E that Houlder had flew a lot and probably decently maintained. But it’s a high time aircraft and I think it has a radar modification that’s a little unusual and that you would have to remove.

Why in particular do you want the 680 model? Is it the geared engines you are after? Because you also get them on the 560 models, so don’t discard those. They’re essentially the same planes, just different type certificates and minor changes.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 20 Jan 22:40

Thanks… hoping for something in the states but thanks. I’m in Progue in June, maybe worth the 700 miles to take a look.

John Houlder’s (RIP) 680E is on the ramp mummy line at Elstree

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5811120

Don’t believe it has flown in a few years but was reasonably cared for when Mr Houlder used to fly it airways for his ski trips to Switzerland…in his mid 90’s

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message