Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maintenance Program under G-reg

Hi,
I have a G reg aircraft, when i bought it i didn’t get any Maintenence Program only a maintenence status list.
( after buying it was only changing owner, the registration mark not changed. ) My engeener sad me that the old owner must give me that, and i can continue it. He sad me, it belongs to the aircraft.
I use my aircraft in private operation. Where can i found it, or who can make it ? Is it possible that the CAA can send me a copy of declareted MP? On CAA website i read about the Self Declareted Maintenence Program and the minimal maintenence program, but i don’t know how does it works.
What can i do?
Thank you

Greece

I am amazed that there is no input on this one.

Maybe this is a candidate for an SDMP (plenty of hits on a search) and in that case, if the previous owner operated that, he should have the details and should have passed them on to the new owner.

Otherwise, it is the usual 50hr checks and an Annual.

Below 1200kg it is ELA1 and can be done freelance by an EASA66 engineer.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Otherwise, it is the usual 50hr checks and an Annual.

I would incorporate an oil change at 50 hr intervals, or more frequently at owner discretion. The 50 hr check thing seems to imply more than that, and seems to be a legacy UK thing. You can always do more at 50 hrs if you want, but I don’t see a reason to force it upon yourself.

Do annual inspections need to be part of a maintenance plan? They aren’t maintenance, they are a periodic government inspection/certification with no effect on aircraft maintenance.

When pre-ordaining anything, experience tells me you commit to as little as possible.

@Zozi I have no experience with UK CAA and G-reg but my understanding of the problem is following:

I believe that Aircraft Maintenance Program is supposed to be connected with a concrete owner/operator so I do not think you can “continue” with any program the previous owner had. You can obviously use it as a template but you are supposed to have your own AMP. This AMP should be also sent to the CAA so if you ask them I guess they should be able to give you the AMP from the previous owner (but as I wrote above no practical experience with UK CAA).

Assuming your plane is ELA1 or ELA2 and you use it in non commercial operations the applicable regulation is Part-ML.
Based on this you have several options.
First of all you can declare your own AMP that can be based either on the maintenance instructions of the manufacturer of your aircraft or based on MIP (check ML.A.302). Alternative option is to let CAMO to create the AMP and outsource the management of the maintenance to them. ML.A.302 (e) also specifies conditions when no AMP is needed.
Part-ML has been in force since March 24 and my perception is that not many people are yet familiar with the regulation at least in my part of the world. It feels overwhelming when you start reading everything but it is possible to get oriented in it. If you understand what is needed from the legal as well as from the technical point of view to keep the aircraft airworthy it gives you better control over the maintenance. However if you have someone who you trust and who has the knowledge and certifications necessary it’s definitely much easier to outsource it. So which way to choose depends on how much involved you want to be.

LKBE

honza wrote:

Assuming your plane is ELA1 or ELA2 and you use it in non commercial operations the applicable regulation is Part-ML.

The applicable regulation is part-ML for all non-complex (in the EASA sense) airplanes up to 2 730 kg MTOW.

Also, it isn’t quite correct to say “non-commercial” operations. Part-ML is applicable to non-AOC operations, so commercial operations without an AOC — like a commercial flight school — should use part-ML.

Ref. Continuing Airworthiness Regulation Article 3, 2(a).

It feels overwhelming when you start reading everything but it is possible to get oriented in it.

At least it is better than part-M, but I guess that’s because it is shorter.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 29 Mar 07:51
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message