Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The price of 2nd hand radios

A well know site on which you can sell 2nd hand avionics currently has a NARCO 810+R. Now in many respects this would be a good buy for us as we have a C150 thats fitted with a Narco 11.

However with the pending implication that 8.33 spacing brings. I cant for the life of me see what value this radio have.

I cant for the life of me see what value this radio have.

The value is minus zero currency units. I wouldn't buy a radio from NARCO even if it came with a 1000$/Pound/Euro voucher for repairs included. Been there - done it. If you want, I have some King and Sperry (or ARC or Cessna Avionics whatever they were called then) radios lying in my garage. 720 channels only, but that are still 720 channels more than the NARCO unit will have after a few hours of operation. You can have them for the price of the postage.

EDDS - Stuttgart

You can have them for the price of the postage.

Can I come and pick one up? Should be glad to compare performance to my current Icom A6

karlchen9 bei skynet punkt be

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Can I come and pick one up? Should be glad to compare performance to my current Icom A6

Sure! I just sent you an email. As I wrote you, I'll be away all of next week (simulator recurrent training at Farnborough) but after that, anytime. Here are some pictures of the boxes I have found so far:

EDDS - Stuttgart

In response to the original poster, market value for a Narco 810 in the US is perhaps $200-400 US assuming the display has no dead segments. You see them advertised for twice that or more but I don't think they get it. What they're worth in the EU I have no idea, but the R does have the benefit of being a slide in replacement for your existing radio. I bought an 810 as a spare recently and was happy to find it - I have no need for more channels. Both my installed unit and spare work fine and one of the other should keep me going for quite a while.

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message