Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cost of a panel upgrade

hello all

I think the question may be tricky and very dependable of some units options and shops used, but, what would be the cost of turning a standard 80’s IFR panel to a modern one, with saying a G500Txi, GTN750, GTN650, GFC500 ?

50k ? 70k ? 100k ?

thank you

LFBZ, France

Did you inquire for offers with some installation companies? 50+ install is my guess.

always learning
LO__, Austria

With those four units, you’ll hit 100k fast.

EGTF, LFTF

According to Garmin:
GTN 750 Xi – $18K
GTN 650 Xi – $12.5K
GFC500 is “starting at $7K”, but with G5 etc likely – $10K
G500TXi (new 10" display, PFDC, no EIS, no SVT etc) – $18.5K
So, total is around $50K plus installation, the numbers I read many times is around 30%.
So, total is $70K installed?

EGTR

Here’s a 182 panel I did for a client. More than $100k to complete…

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Great panel.

Reminds me of this FADEC 172 which has recently arrived at my local airport, very nice avionics!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Reminds me of this FADEC 172 which has recently arrived at my local airport, very nice avionics!

Is this the one done by Matjaz from Aeroservice at LJBL?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

So much depends on the details.

For example you won’t get an autopilot installed for less than 20-30k unless it is a functionally crippled one (no trim, like Trio or Trutrac) or unless the servos are already in place and paperwork-usable.

I don’t know Pilot DAR’s job details above but 100k for the OP is a reasonable area. Beware of avionic manufacturer indicative pricing. It is rarely achieved.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you have to ask you can’t afford it…

I’ve upgraded mine over the years, a GNS530 back in 2002, GTX345 a couple of years ago, STec 30 somewhere along the way. I guess it has cost me about $60K. Wondering about a pair of one or other of the new(ish) Garmin HSI/AI replacements, which would be another $15K or so installed. A GFC500 would be nice but there’s no real practical advantage for the flying I do.

LFMD, France

RVs for example have trim servos in addition to AP servos. If it takes a cheaper AP, it could be profitable.

Why a GTN650 in addition to the 750 ? Why not just a NAVCOM ?

What do you think for engine monitoring ?

LFOU, France
55 Posts
Sign in to add your message