Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is there an intercom (audio panel) which has this mode?

Passengers often don’t want to hear all the constant ATC talk. This is easy to do, with most modern ones including my PMA7000. You just select the mode which cuts off everybody except the pilot. The others can talk between themselves.

But then the pilot cannot talk to them without switching modes.

A useful mode would be where the pilot talking with PTT pressed would go to ATC only, and talking with PTT not pressed would go to passengers since it is obviously intended for them. They would not be able to talk back, but that could be selectable because e.g. if you are flying with just 1 passenger. obviously anything they say is intended for the pilot.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When flying with my wife I usually use com split, so I’m on COM1 and she’s on COM2. And then I just turn the volume on COM2 to zero. We can still talk, but she doesn’t hear the radio chatter.

I’m pretty sure the intercom in our C210 has a feature like that. Don’t need that every often, so not 100% sure right now and cannot check, as it’s getting an engine overhaul.

GMA1360 but it’s part of G1000 NXi.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

lenthamen wrote:

When flying with my wife I usually use com split, so I’m on COM1 and she’s on COM2. And then I just turn the volume on COM2 to zero. We can still talk, but she doesn’t hear the radio chatter.

That’s interesting. If I do that with my Audio panel (PMA7000) it cuts the intercom between P1 and P2.

EGLK, United Kingdom

Yes. That is the whole point of the split mode.

But there may be a trick…

Administrator

I’d set intercom volume for pilot to zero and intercom volume for pax to normal. No special mode required.

LPFR, Poland

Is that G1000?

Administrator
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message