Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Can a Rotax go beyond TBO?

Fly310 wrote:

What I find weird is that Chapter 4 mentions Chapter 5 which by definition is not under Airworthiness Limitations since it is another chapter.

5 is not 4 (obvious), and this statement from Rotax is just a dirty trick. That’s all. Some people will fall for it and they will get money for that.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

LeSving wrote:

I have heard of several having trouble with “synchronization” of carbs.

Synchronising carburettors is an absolute doddle… if you can stand next to the running engine and fiddle with it.

Propellors can be problematic!

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

Synchronising carburettors

What does it even mean?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It means to adjust both of them so the operate in synch. The same throttle setting, the same idle setting. One carb supplies the left side of the engine, the other carb the right side.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Or in other words (using ‘pilot speak’) carb synchronization is adjusting the throttles so that the left intake manifold and right manifold have the same MP at all cockpit throttle control positions.

Silvaire wrote:

carb synchronization is adjusting the throttles so that the left intake manifold and right manifold have the same MP at all cockpit throttle control positions.

That was very well said :-)

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

So the Rotax engines have dual carburettors?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Unfortunately yes :)

Poland

Get the fuel injected versions (912/915 iS) instead ;-)

EDLE

We synced my 912 ULS carbs when we installed the engine in my RV12 2 years ago. On each subsequent check they’ve been absolutely fine with no adjustment needed. It really isn’t a big deal.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.
Sign in to add your message