Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin GNX375 how might it supply traffic information in the cockpit?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/aviation/garmin-gps-175-and-gnx-375-compelling-navigators-offering-waas-lpv-approaches-and-optional-ads-b-in-out/

I really like what the promotional literature says about the GNX375, but am not sure what traffic information it might provide in the context of Europe. Am guessing only Mode S equipped aircraft?

I currently have a KLN94 and a Mode S, so arguably not sure of the value for money in an SEP (am happy to fly only to LNAV minima), but if there is value in the traffic information it might be an argument pro.

Also I wonder whether it provides aural alert in addition to the traffic page?

Obviously this is an order of magnitude above a simple solution eg SkyEcho

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hi Robert! According to the materials I’ve read it should provide information about the ADS-B traffic around you, not the mode-S, and broadcast ADS-B out.
It should provide aural alerts (check GARMIN GTN simulator) but it will not see the non-ADSB targets.
PilotAware will provide more information about the targets around you on your SkyDemon etc.

EGTR

@arj1 many thanks! It sounds like a good solution only for the US environment. My PA28 has a cigar lighter, wonder when they got phased out, so an iPad can run Pilot Aware.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

@arj1 many thanks! It sounds like a good solution only for the US environment. My PA28 has a cigar lighter, wonder when they got phased out, so an iPad can run Pilot Aware.

Robert, if you already have a GPS that mostly works for you and mode-S, then I think the best thing would be PilotAware.
Although there is also Lynx L3 NGT-9000+ (it costs 10K, and you save 5K comparing to normal Mode-S+TAS), which can do mode-S AND full active TAS, but in your case I see no justification for this – PAW does all IN, including MLAT for Mode-S targets.
It’s funny but Rosetta right now is out of stock! :)

EGTR
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message