Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Propeller shock protocol

I’ve seen these planes be called a “forever plane” :)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Look at this, a 150 taildragger for sale !!

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=50035 G-AWAX local copy

LFOU, France

Yeah, but with that call sign it really needs a massive saucer-like antenna on top

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

That’s a lot of money for a C150, but the basis for the tail wheel conversion was well thought out – its a one year only model that has the straight tail in combination with the Omni-Vision window. Those are sought after by some buyers because of their more effective rudder than later planes with the swept tail.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Oct 18:02

Maoraigh wrote:

The workshop should have insurance. The seller of the aircraft might have a claim for negligence leading to reduced value of the aircraft.

It’s true…

Pilot_DAR wrote:

So have fun making your dream plane if you like, the damaged one you have chosen could be a very good candidate – just remind yourself that you really couldn’t afford to sell it (and being a taildragger, won’t rent it out) so find its value in the use you will make of it!

Thank’s :)Jujupilote wrote:

Look at this, a 150 taildragger for sale !!

Ahah yes i see that !! But 45K european registration with o-200 100hp :P

Benzouille
LFTF, LFOW, LFAG, LFAT, LFKA, EGJB, France

So no one knows where I can find the verification procedures ?

>< :D

Benzouille

No clue if these are the latest revisions of the docs nor what the legalities of performing the work are, but here what a google search turned up:

Continental SB for prop strikes, listing the mandatory inspection items: here

O-200 overhaul manual

Local copies
TCMSB96_11B_28PropStrike_29_pdf
Continental_C75_C85_C90_O_200_Overhaul_Manual_Aug_2011_pdf

wleferrand wrote:

No clue if these are the latest revisions of the docs nor what the legalities of performing the work are, but here what a google search turned up:

Wao Thank’s!!! A simple google seached ? i think i’m looking bad, That help me ! Thank’s again :)

Benzouille

Lycoming have published some service letter(s) on the required actions. They get updated from time to time. For example when I had a prop strike in 2002, a mechanic had the authority to countermand a shock load inspection if the engine didn’t completely stop during the prop strike!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Continental shock load inspection instructions are listed in Continentals manual M-0

Sign in to add your message