Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Propeller shock protocol

Of course; what I meant was the owner who is selling you the plane, telling you he lost the logbooks.

For sure there are lots of people – some % in every country – who are basically not engaged with reality and managing their life, but none of them will be in GA.

A lot of lost logbooks were lost when a maintenance company went bust. That is a manifestation of the “European culture” where trust is vested in institutions rather than individuals, driving people to hand everything over to their maint company “to look after”. I think this happens especially in syndicates, where there is often no possible agreement on maintenance policy, where perhaps the past “leader” got fed up with the bickering, so everything gets handed to a company, so the members no longer get a chance to argue about it I am not sure what schools do; those I have known did also hand over everything.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I can’t understand how people can genuinely lose logbooks for a plane.

It’s pretty genuine when the owner has slowly faded from the scene and dies one day, or has Alzheimer’s, or is suddenly killed in an accident, and the logbooks are stored in a safe place that nobody else but the late owner knows. Not an uncommon situation.

My aircraft’s logs since Day 1 have a lot of entries by people now dead, but are stored in a cabinet in the same locked hangar as the plane, in doubled up waterproof bags. Never left with a mechanic. Secure enough… but not so secure that somebody wouldn’t find them when cleaning out the hangar.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 08 Nov 02:12

I know one on the G reg that might be for sale. message me if u want the details.

Here’s a fully equipped O-320 powered straight tail 150/150 tail dragger project. Closer would be better although being already broken down for shipment would be an advantage.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 03 Nov 14:27

Continental shock load inspection instructions are listed in Continentals manual M-0

Lycoming have published some service letter(s) on the required actions. They get updated from time to time. For example when I had a prop strike in 2002, a mechanic had the authority to countermand a shock load inspection if the engine didn’t completely stop during the prop strike!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

wleferrand wrote:

No clue if these are the latest revisions of the docs nor what the legalities of performing the work are, but here what a google search turned up:

Wao Thank’s!!! A simple google seached ? i think i’m looking bad, That help me ! Thank’s again :)

Benzouille
LFTF, LFOW, LFAG, LFAT, LFKA, EGJB, France

No clue if these are the latest revisions of the docs nor what the legalities of performing the work are, but here what a google search turned up:

Continental SB for prop strikes, listing the mandatory inspection items: here

O-200 overhaul manual

Local copies
TCMSB96_11B_28PropStrike_29_pdf
Continental_C75_C85_C90_O_200_Overhaul_Manual_Aug_2011_pdf

So no one knows where I can find the verification procedures ?

>< :D

Benzouille

Maoraigh wrote:

The workshop should have insurance. The seller of the aircraft might have a claim for negligence leading to reduced value of the aircraft.

It’s true…

Pilot_DAR wrote:

So have fun making your dream plane if you like, the damaged one you have chosen could be a very good candidate – just remind yourself that you really couldn’t afford to sell it (and being a taildragger, won’t rent it out) so find its value in the use you will make of it!

Thank’s :)Jujupilote wrote:

Look at this, a 150 taildragger for sale !!

Ahah yes i see that !! But 45K european registration with o-200 100hp :P

Benzouille
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message