Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Importing an airplane from N-reg/C-reg to EASA

I think €3400 inc flights would be the correct number for a one-day DAR service. In the US I agree it is a lot cheaper, it’s probably 4x the cost here in Europe for the same service.

For anyone thinking of going to the N (C of A issue) or coming off the N (Export C of A issue) it is always worth remembering you have to be ready for the DAR. He applies for a time window from the FSDO/FAA to come to you. He has some leeway to extend that time, but if at the end of the time window you are not ready then he needs to issue a denial letter. Which you don’t want. Hence you get the checklist for the process and work strictly to that before the DAR visit. In many ways, it’s no different than going for a flight test with an examiner.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

@williamf may know somebody but, yeah, DARs charge a lot in Europe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

N to EASA

always learning
LO__, Austria

From which reg?

Administrator

Export CofA rates:

Europe 5000€
USA 1200 USD

:/

always learning
LO__, Austria

Yes, sorry, Export CofA.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Presumably you mean an Export CofA?

Or the importing CofA? That’s normally done by a local CAA inspector here in Europe.

More info here.

I have contacted one DAR and am working on condensing a long reply.

Administrator

Can you recommend a contact for CofA issue?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

but FAA export CofA are apparently going for around 10.000 USD right now.

I have exported several US registered airframes to both EASA and Isle of Man registers, and the export C of A has never cost $10,000, it’s always much less

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

When the aim is to go from N-reg to EASA-reg, is a FAA export CofA 100% required?

Or is there some way to get the respective EASA NAA to accept the CofA while the plane is still N-reg, then, and only then, once the EASA NAA has accepted it, de-register it from N-reg/FAA?

Probably not :(
but FAA export CofA are apparently going for around 10.000 USD right now.

always learning
LO__, Austria
54 Posts
Sign in to add your message