Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Interior renovation TB 20

Hello together,

My TB 20 from 1987 is to get a new interior (new carpet coverings, refurbishment of seats) as part of the “winter work”.
In addition, the thickness of the seats is to be modified to give me a bit more headroom, as I am a “seat giant” and unfortunately bump into the top a bit.

What are your experiences in Germany / Europe with
a) Saddleries that offer complete solutions (I have already asked Mädel, Aircraft-SW, Albstadt Interiour and CVL…)
b) alternative procurement of the required material and sewing (the carpets) yourself?

Has anyone already had experience s experience with SCS Interiours, they offer a carpet set for the TB 10 (https://scs-interiors.com/collections/socata-tb10/products/socata-tb10-pre-cut-carpet-kit) – it should also fit the TB 20, correct?

Many thanks in advance,
Many greetings
Martin

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

EDTG, Germany

hey I am in EDTG too!

I just had the interior of my PA24-250 done with new leather and carpets. I had the seats done by a professional (from UK) but ordered the carpets from SCS. I installed the carpets myself. I absolutely love the SCS quality. I had their carpets in my previous PA28 Arrow as well. the fitment and quality was perfect.

The Brits did an okayish job on my seats but it was still a good deal for 4000 euros for all 4 seats with custom headrests and even cup holders installed in the backseat.
send me a private message if you’d like. you can come and have a look at the “rundhalle” in EDTG.
Baris

Switzerland

You could try CVL Restore. They’ve done my TB20. Used to be located in Romania, now southern Germany.

LRIA, Romania

Nice seats, who much they asked for that work?
Thx
Zsolt

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

About 1,000 eur a piece, but that was with the most expensive aviation leather they could find.

Prices may be different now, but they really did a good job, refurbished the metal frames, replaced some springs and re-did all the foaming.

LRIA, Romania

AlexTB20 these seats look great!
I just wanted to give the thread starter a warning.
There is an individual in England to absolutely avoid: Jason Cooper.
I had major problem with him, had to sue him (and won).
He keeps setting up new companies with different names to escape the bad reputation and lawsuits, and I have been approached privately by several of his victims for advice after I published the information about my ordeal on the Diamond Aviators forum.
Don’t be fooled by the nice photos and reviews on Facebook and send him your interior. Once he has it, you are “abgeliefert”.

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

Thise are very nice looking seats.

Yesterday we changed the DME which is under the front RH seat and I had to carry the seat about 10m. It is surprisingly heavy. I reckon if one rebuilt the seat frame in titanium one could save a good 20kg just on the front seats. The certification might be tricky though…

There seem to be some % of cowboys in the upholstery business. Look at this. That was a very early post on EuroGA and at first we thought it was an advertisement (we’ve had quite a lot of cases of an employee of an avionics company pretending to be a satisfied customer and posting some of their work) but it turned out to be real customer. That plane was eventually scrapped because the cost of putting it right came to more than its value.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Holy moly! My E400’s seats are around 10Kg IIRC. they are made of carbon fiber and steel. There may be a business opportunity here !
How many TB20s around?

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

Fleet size is about 2k, but how many will pay more than $1? Not many, as usual

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dunno about TB20, but the owner of the Cessna P210 I fly would certainly pay good money for any empty weight reduction.

ELLX
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message