Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna C172N Avionics USED or NEW

10 Posts

Hello Guys,

I am looking for C172 Tachometer + Turn Coordinator + Artificial Horizon. Do you know any good salvage spots or avionics shops in Europe where I can find these items?

What about USA? I have been emailing few salvage spots but still no sucess…

Thanks!

Portugal

Maybe call Avionik Straubing. I assume due to glass cockpit upgrades they might have a big inventory.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for the tip. I will take a look.

I have been emailing a lot of salvage spots around but still nothing :(

Portugal
LFOU, France

Firstly, note this little-known EASA concession. It mans you can puchase a part from US Ebay and install it. Just make sure your maintenance company has read the foregoing and is happy; a lot of people in the industry don’t like this because it reduces revenue

Then there are various places where used avionics are advertised in the US. You find them on google.

I have had mixed luck with US sourced used parts; about 50% of the stuff doesn’t work, which is OK if it was really cheap. Getting an 8130-3 with it doesn’t mean a lot either…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Try [email protected]
He took a while to reply to me, and I’d already ordered from LAS but he seems to have a good stock and be looking to sell.
( BUT he’s in the UK, not an accessible place like North Korea now.)

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 10 Jan 20:20
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I’ve bought a lot of stuff lately off the “Avionics Exchange” group on Facebook. People there seem to value their reputation and so far so good.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1798100110219871

We bought a 340, 430W, Connector Kits, FS210 and a few other bits with no issue.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I’ve just got a duff KDI572 from there But as I said before, it was cheap enough – about 1/5 of the normal cost – so it didn’t matter… There is a lot of stuff there, a lot of good stuff, with a lot of amazingly ancient junk. Personally, I would buy two of anything If it is a KN72 and you want the VOR to work, not just the LOC, then IME buy three…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

miguel22 wrote:

I am looking for C172 Tachometer + Turn Coordinator + Artificial Horizon.

Hi Miguel,

I can help you with a TC and AH. Both are electrically operated (the AH at 28V). These come out of my Mooney (EASA) and were working fine when removed.

EBST, Belgium

Hello all,

Thank you very much for your replies. I emailed few people already so let’s see their feedbackairways wrote:

Hi Miguel,

I can help you with a TC and AH. Both are electrically operated (the AH at 28V). These come out of my Mooney (EASA) and were working fine when removed.

I sent you PM.

Portugal
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message