Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Propeller purchase in Europe

Hello all,

I will need to purchase a Sensenich propeller. Does anyone knows good dealers/shops that sells this brand of propellers?

Thank you

Portugal

I had that issue last year and at the end of the day it turned out to be quicker, cheaper and more reliable to buy it straight from Sensenich in the US.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Buckerfan wrote:

I had that issue last year and at the end of the day it turned out to be quicker, cheaper and more reliable to buy it straight from Sensenich in the US.

Hummm that’s interesting. You had any issues with customs? How long did it take to arrive to EU?

Portugal

Buying from the US is dead simple. UPS/Fedex/etc will deliver to your door. You pay import VAT, and some sort of admin charge for them collecting the import VAT.

Shipping time: a few days.

A prop will cost a few hundred to ship. It will very likely be cheaper to get the supplier to pay for the shipping, since they will get a better deal than you.

I have in front of me a DHL import invoice.

Duty £0 (aircraft parts)
VAT £95.48
Admin £22.00

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

miguel22 wrote:

How long did it take to arrive to EU?

I doubt European dealers will have any significant stock. So they will most probably order it in the US for you and forward the shipping once it comes in.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I have dealt directly with Sensenich from Canada, and had great satisfaction.

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Worth asking Mark and Tony for a quote at General Aero Services, great guys.

General Aero Services

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Another +1 for General Aero Services

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Another +1 for General Aero Services

WilliamF wrote:

Worth asking Mark and Tony for a quote at General Aero Services, great guys.

General Aero Services

Thanks guys will do

Portugal

Peter wrote:

You pay import VAT, and some sort of admin charge for them collecting the import VAT.

Regarding the admin fee, whilst the cost is somewhat insignificant compared to item and VAT costs, I have always disputed the admin charge and have never paid one. I just send UPS/FEDEX/DHL an email saying that I had no forewarning of any admin charges and made no agreement with the courier to pay them, as I had paid in full for shipping with the sender and request an ammended invoice with the admin charges removed so I could pay the VAT (and duty if applicable). 100% success with doing this personally.

United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message