Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KFC150 - TB21

Hello everybody,
I have a problem with my KFC150 mounted on Socata TB21. I tried in flight and it passes the test. The trim works. The FD seems to work in roll but not in pitch. The roll servo is connected electrically but not mechanically, the previous owner had disassembled it because it was deemed not working. Is there any more precise trouble shooting operation that I can do to have more data to evaluate to identify the problem?

thank you
Kind regards
Diego

LILE, Italy

What servos does your KFC150 have?

My experience is with the KFC225 servos, which are different, but bench testing these things is not too hard if you can get the MM.

If your FD does not work in pitch then that is a much more basic problem, which could be

• faulty KI256
  • faulty AP computer
  • some wiring problem

I hope you got a really big discount on the TB21 (a few tens of k) with a known-dead autopilot

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,
Roll servo is KS178, I just found Maintenance Manual… I have some tools like oscilloscope (old but should be fine), signal generator, frequency meter,
multimeter, power supply, torque wrench., so when you have time and will to teach me how to perform the bench test I’ll be happy to try!

KI256, Is so expensive I hope Is not faulty!
AP Computer, Is so expensive I hope Is not faulty!,
Wiring Problem, SO hard to find I hpe is not the case!

discount? few tens of K? I got a few euros off, but your estimate is a really good joke!

Thankyou for your replay

kind regards
diego

LILE, Italy

If you have any MMs please let me have a copy for my collection

Servo MMs are especially hard to find. I have the full set of MMs for the KFC225.

I can also probably tell you then how to test it.

Administrator

I mailed to you all MM I have about KFC150, servo are included

LILE, Italy

Yes; that has enough info to bench test the servos, if one can rig it all up.

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message