Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Panel overhauls - regrets

I agree; it is usually obvious which phase of the flight the data is from, and during a flight the RPM is constant, or close to.

RPM is nice but I would not break the bank to get it. Things like this are much more important especially if you are using the engine monitor to collect data for GAMI injector ordering.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Mine came with the EDM700 so never had the analog gauges.

How happy are you with the 700 and how do you read out the data from it?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I had mine upgraded in size (first two threads here) and like the display.

The UI is crap (the 1975 two-button-do-everything video casette recorder thing) but there is no need to interact with it. After engine start, just press the LH button a few times to stop it scanning and fix it on a particular cylinder.

Data download is via an RS232 cable and a USB-RS232 adaptor (which we make at work) and works “okay”, with my major gripe being the very limited data storage of 10-20hrs. Plus the crappy JPI software, but hey most PC software has a crap UI because it is written using the latest fashionable paradigm. Google Maps, anyone? I download the data using a very old version of their software. Overall not a big enough fish to fry to change it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

UdoR wrote:

Now that’s not necessary, to my opinion, but an interesting addon. For example, you can easily check CHT temperatures on LOP side vs. ROP side and thus elaborate whether your injectors are well balanced or not. Something I am on right now. You don’t need RPM data for this.

Now what additional information do you get if you correlate EGT/CHT with RPM?

That’s all nice but Mooney_Driver has a carbureted plane and rents it to other people. Are RPM limits observed? How rapid are power changes done? Chop and drop etc…

always learning
LO__, Austria
44 Posts
Sign in to add your message