Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Want to buy: GNS 530 WAAS

A few months ago I bought a Sandel HSI device here in the forum. Very nice deal, thanks! Now I’m looking on the same way for a GNS 530W.
Best regards Thomas

Berlin, Germany

I don’t have a GNS530W for sale, but will be looking to sell my GTN750. I am planning an upgrade to a GTN750xi. Looking for $12,500 USD.

KUZA, United States

Thanks for the offer, but I’m looking for 12V GNS 530W Unit and here in Europe.
Thomas

Berlin, Germany

@Yankee

Don‘t want to highjack this thread, but as you mentioned it: Can you tell why you consider to replaxe the GTN with the xi? I‘ve never seen a 750xi in real life, but from all what I read so far I did not understand why I would want to upgrade my non-xi GTNs – but obviously I‘m missing something…

Germany

Thomas wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but I’m looking for 12V GNS 530W Unit and here in Europe.

I bought one a few months ago from Sarasota Avionics in Florida, and I had no issues whatsoever. Their service was great, shipping was easy, and no paperwork hassles. Their units are refurbished with a guarantee. Having flown behind both the GTNs and the 530, I still prefer the 530 when coupled with a FlightStream 210 and ForeFlight. I know I’m not the only one, which is why they’ve held their value so well. But IMO you’ll be lucky to find one in Europe except through a shop like Mendelsshon in the UK, but that will cost more than getting one from the US.

Last Edited by dutch_flyer at 02 Sep 06:39
EHRD, Netherlands

Malibuflyer wrote:

Can you tell why you consider to replaxe the GTN with the xi? I‘ve never seen a 750xi in real life, but from all what I read so far I did not understand why I would want to upgrade my non-xi GTNs – but obviously I‘m missing something…

The GTN 750xi is actively supported with new features, the GTN 750 is not, just fixes for bugs. There are a few features that the xi has now that the prior version does not have. Recently added is the glide ring and the emergency guidance to nearest airport. Already included is the +V option on conventional VOR approaches. Lead time is 12 weeks, so my upgrade is in the end of November. It is supposed to be faster and better display, plus comes with a two year warranty, but my main objective is to be on a platform that is actively being supported with new software updates.

KUZA, United States

Hi dutch flyer,
for my better understanding did you send your old
GNS 530 Non Waas to Sarasota, and you got back your own unit upgraded?

Berlin, Germany

NCYankee wrote:

The GTN 750xi is actively supported with new features, the GTN 750 is not, just fixes for bugs

Is that the official position of Garmin?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Is that the official position of Garmin?

I have not asked Garmin, but merely an observation, that is new features are introduced on the GTN 750 xi but not on the GTN 750.

KUZA, United States
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message