Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNS530 VLOC needs service

DHL packaged the unit - I handed it unpacked, stated value, gave remark that it was fragile and required special attention when packaging - got reply not tp worry.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

DHL packaged the unit

They become 100% responsible - due to the uncertainty of unseen dormant damage, press for a new unit!!!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

I must say I would have never got DHL or anybody like that to package a piece of avionics for me. That kit requires special packaging - a strong carton and a lot of foam inside.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

At least 50mm (more) of foam on all six sides + Peter's 'strong box' - even a mini wooden crate!!!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

They admited their mistake and offered €110 for compensation.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Someone must be having a laugh at DHL. You told them the value!

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

DHL (and all the others) invest heavily in staff training on how to fob people off.

Dealing with complaints of damage has to be their primary customer interface function.

Oh and also complaints about their drivers being booked to collect between say 9:00 and 17:00 but actually turning up at 08:50 (because they happen to be passing at that time, and are on a bonus to make the round), finding the office empty (obviously) and putting a "missed collection" card through the door with 09:01 written on it...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

New offer €200.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Unfortunately this story will end with replacement unit at cost of €6000. I paid it and I'll engage lawyer to get it from DHL.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Progressing with agreement with DHL ...

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message