Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Radio noise

Gents, I've noticed something strange going on with my Falco's radio (SL30) and am looking for tips as to identifying the cause. At my home base EGLD and when using Farnborough LARS (insert correct grammar for plurals here) my radio works fine on Tx and receive but when I switch to Cranfield I get a terrible noise when PTT is pushed and no response from Cranfeild. As soon as I switch back to Farnborough all is OK again. Any clues?

Forever learning
EGTB

How narrow is the frequency range on which this happens, and what is the actual "centre" frequency selected?

I have seen this on reception, over the years, with Welshpool (128.00 IIRC) being badly affected.

Try disconnecting any Ipad chargers, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We've only just discovered this anomaly and so don't yet know what other frequencies, if any, are affected. There are no additional devices connected as I haven't yet got around to fitting the aux. sockets. The frequency selected was 122.850

Having now done some research I've found Garmin SB0921. The trouble is, it's not clear from the SB exactly what problem it is supposed to cure. It does say "to correct spurious transmission) but that is a bit vague.

Forever learning
EGTB
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message