Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Can FLARM disturb TAS signal ?

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

And soon, one may feed its certified avionics via ADSB thanks too your new box if I understand correctly.

That already works with the ADLS1G box and the latest firmware.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I think you offer the best interface for FLARM in the market.

No Form1 or CoC for the GAV868 but Minor Mod approval with extensive AML.. at extra cost.

GAV_MC003_AML_rev1_0_pdf

Interesting piece.

Minor Mod approval with extensive AML.. at extra cost.

It’s the same with PowerFLARM. Having an approved minor mod (or STC) saves time for the installer even if the work can be done as a Standard Change.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@Wigglyamp
Would you sharing your insight on this ?
Would you install TAS and FLARM aerials in the same way as post#8 (I mean one next to the other, I m not discussing windscreen shading)

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 12 May 11:01

I suspect wiggleyamp did install that TAS antenna !

Would you install TAS and FLARM aerials in the same way as post#8 (I mean one next to the other, I m not discussing windscreen shading)

I think this would be OK – on this airframe there are challenges with suitable real-estate for antennas anyway due to the sliding canopy so not much can be placed on the upper rear fuselage. The bigger worry here would be if either interfered with the GPS antenna in the centre rather than the TAS and FLARM interfering with each other.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

A_and_C wrote:

I suspect wiggleyamp did install that TAS antenna !

We were certainly responsible for over 90 of the fleet, along with composite support from a well-known glider maintenance company

Avionics geek.

The TAS antenna location is very important – see here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

One thing you might have spotted in the TAS antenna installation in post 8 is that the top and bottom antennas have been swapped – dual blade is now the upper. This is sometimes done on helicopters to prevent fore-aft reflections from the main rotor transmission, bur not often seen on fixed-wing installations

Avionics geek.
Sign in to add your message