Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

G1000 Jeppesen Chartview VFR Germany charts

Does anybody know, whether Jeppesen has made the VFR charts available for airplanes with G1000 Chartview?

There were rumors some months ago, that Jeppesen would also make the VFR charts for Germany available just like the IFR approach plates. Does anybody have an update on this issue?

I have them for my Avidyne MFD in the SR22 … all European VFR Approach Charts and the IFR charts too. If they make them for Avidyne they should be available for G1000 for sure …

I think that – VFR charts – is a special Avidyne selling point for Europe.

I think the problem is that Jepp charge a lot of money for their VFR charts. Somebody told me years ago they wanted several hundred € per customer, which if working on standard manufacturer margins would jack up the retail price of the box by about €1000.

Anyway Jepp are dropping those databases as we speak, so resource-limited avionics companies may choose to just drop the whole thing rather than integrate a whole new vector database – and that assumes Jepp will continue to license it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well I already have the VFR (former Bottlang) chart subscription from Jepp. The only problem is, that currently it is displayed on the Ipad app only.

Everytime I update my SD cards for the G1000, only the IFR charts get updated. I had a discussion over a year ago with a Jepp sales guy and he said, that they were working on it to get the VFR charts integrated into the G1000.

That actually shouldn’t be a big deal. As you would just add them to the library. Even if they are not georeferenced, no problem.

Last Edited by sebastianv at 22 Nov 14:33
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message