Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2005 King Avionics likely buyers in USA.

A good friend is looking to renew the avionics in his 2005 Robin.In mint condition having flown some 600 hours since new I,m guessing these King 760 navcoms and push button mode c transponder will have some value and potential future life in the USA.Rather than just leave them as scrap with the new equipment installer can anyone recommend a likely US buyer of such equipment and what supporting certifying paperwork should he get the removing engineer to attach to the boxes.Regards Stampe

EGMD EGTO EGKR, United Kingdom

I put m GTX327 on ebay.com and sold it within one day!

I would suggest advertising on US Ebay.

That will get you the highest price.

I have sold loads of stuff there, and European Ebay too.

However you need to do more than what most Ebay sellers do. So much Ebay stuff is put up with crap illiterate pidgin English, crap pics, stupid coloured fonts, etc. Americans are going to be rightly suspicious of a foreign seller anyway so your advert needs to look extra good. So you need to do a really good detailed description, with good clear photos (upload hi-res photos on some URL and put that in also) and generally really well written, with a reason for sale stated. Write it as if writing to an intelligent reader.

If you can get 8130-3 forms issued (needs to be done by an FAR 145 company, and some people have used IAE at Cranfield for that) that will be better, but it may or may not be worthwhile. I recall paying about £80 for some and that was probably worth it. But the buyer doesn’t need an 8130-3 to install it…

For free, the shop removing the gear should supply a letter saying it was working when removed and you should put that in with the pics of the gear. Very important.

Most of the stuff you describe will be over 2kg so can’t go by registered airmail, so will have to go by a courier (Air Parcel is terrible – avoid) which is pricey – of the order of £100 to send a transponder. So get some quotes first and I suggest doing it “shipping free” i.e. build the shipping into the price. There will be import duty to pay at their end (a few %) and you need to mention that in your advert.

As a final touch I put my FAA pilot certificate number in there. They like that

A few years ago I got $1500 for a KT76C and very recently I got $2500 for a KCS-55 slaved compass system.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message