Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avionics shop recommendations - Europe (merged)

miguel22 wrote:

Ideally try to certificate the airplane IFR however from what you explained, I can see that would not be neither easy or cheap task…

Note that there is no “IFR certification” for airplanes under the EASA regime. You can use an aircraft for IFR as long as

• It is permitted for the aircraft type. (Listed as permitted type of operation in the type certificate.)
  • It has the necessary equipment installed according to part-NCO. (And the equipment and installation is approved for IFR.)

The problem with GPS is that the installation itself must be approved. There are two routes. Either install it as a standard change, but then the installation will not be IFR approved even if the GPS as such is. To get an IFR-approved installation you need, as Ultranomad wrote, an STC which permits IFR.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 14 Jan 19:50
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

To get an IFR-approved installation you need, as Ultranomad wrote, an STC which permits IFR.

… which could be done under AML STC.

EGTR

I believe Ultranomad does avionics.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you Peter, I do

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Just a thank you to @wigglyamp for helping me get a quote on avionics upgrade!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Can someone recommend a reputable avionics shop in Germany?

I need to replace the KX 155 TSO that is installed in my Mooney with a Garmin GNC 255A. I have already purchased the radio and mounting brackets and simply need an avionics shop to do the install and wiring.

Anyone know a reputable shop in Germany that can do this kind of work with clear direct communication and hopefully availability soon?

I’m not normally in Europe these days but have the unique opportunity to bring the plane to a shop within the next couple weeks.

EHLE, Netherlands

For something reliable Avionik Straubing has very good if expensive reputation. They supplied and supported some cumbersome altitude preselect interface for our ancient autopilot and knew very well their stuff, which has worked flawlessly since.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Closer to home, AMN at Teuge, EHTE

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I had a positive experience with Straubing, which for that reason they deserve my support.

United Kingdom

@Nickmatic, judging by your profile, you have an N-reg, right? That may be a problem. But if you can make do with an EASA-licenced freelance avionics guy and can fly to Prague, I am available from this weekend onward and have a place in the hangar. If you have all the parts on hand, it can be done on the same day.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
Sign in to add your message