Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avionics shop recommendations - Europe (merged)

Any UK (or nearby) avionics shop with a proven recent Avidyne or Garmin TAS installation record?

Someone asked me this question. I don’t know of any from customer feedback. One firm I can’t possibly recommend based on my own experience and another has just lost its top two people.

The aircraft is a C182 with G1000.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was very happy with the two installations Bournemouth Avionics (at Lee on Solent) did for me on an Aztec and a Navajo. Faultless.

EGKB Biggin Hill
Southend, United Kingdom

Just to emphasise, I am looking for shops which have actually done this specific work recently, in the last few months perhaps.

Administrator

Mine did my Navajo about 18 months ago.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Good afternoon,

We are looking for a reputable avionics shop with availability starting in January 2019 for a full panel upgrade.

Thank you for sharing your ideas.

All the best,

David Fabry

EGKB LFQQ EBAW

Herbst aero in Brno (LKTB) they did my radio and engine monitor – nice clean job and the follow up when we had a small issue with the engine monitor was very good.

David,

You have asked this elsewhere, so I’ll give the same answer as I gave there:

Top of the tree, in my opinion, is EDMS Straubing.

Bournemouth Avionics in EGHF Lee on Solent also has done three beautiful full avionic refits for me.

I would trust either to do a first class job.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Davidfabry

The company I am director of has today been appointed a Garmin Dealer, if you would like to contact me with your requirements I would be happy to try to help you.

Peter

I trust this will not break the forums rules on advertising.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 22 Nov 18:04

We welcome businesses here so long as they participate generally, usefully, politely, etc

I suspect few avionics shops will do a big job this fast because of the 8.33 stampede, however. One German guy told me Straubing are quoting 6 months, and that was for a local customer.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message