Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avionics shop recommendations - Europe (merged)

Yeah, agree. By train 1:30h from Munich, a little nice hotel in town for 85€ in case it takes a day longer.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

SCAN AVIONICS Denmark

Slovakia

It may be helpful if people posted info on whether they used the said shop and what sort of job on, or if they have a business or employment relationship with the said shop.

For example anybody can install a GNS430, with near zero understanding of avionics interconnections. I know one such guy – he installed 100+ of them

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have had three bare metal refits and one major upgrade. One refit at Straubing, the rest at Bournemouth/Lee.

I am merely a customer, though after all that money and a lot of recommendations(to both), I daresay a valued one.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I was in Straubing for:
- autopilot troubleshooting (servo, pitch servo, ILS intercept problems)
- installation of alt preselect and GPSS
- WAAS upgrade
- Prop overhaul at MT Propeller (also in EDMS)
- the plane has been in Straubing many times.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Avionik Straubing have also opened a branch in Egelsbach (EDFE) and are using Diamond Aircraft’s hangar and facilities there.

I don’t know how comprehensive their service offering there is as I have been mainly using them for the FAR 91.411 and 91.413 recertification and to troubleshoot an issue I had with the pitch servo of my GFC700. I also need to add that the work was on a DA40, i.e. I don’t know their local level of expertise with non-Diamond aircraft.

EDFE is obviously easier to reach from a major international airport (Frankfurt) than Straubing.

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

40 euros an hour at Herbst aero for Avionics work – not bad and could be negotiated for a big upgrade I would imagine

Timothy wrote:

Top of the tree, in my opinion, is EDMS Straubing.

Sorry, I cannot support that company. Totally incompetent.

EDL*, Germany

That’s a damaging and unqualified statement – you need to give details to support it.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 25 Nov 18:28
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Posted some time ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message