Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dynamic propeller balancing

I am looking for someone who does this, preferably in the UK.

I've had it done a few times over the years and it was always worth doing.

Oddly enough the engineering firm where I am hangared have bought the equipment but have no-one who can use it, so even just a person who knows the equipment would be OK.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter

Contact Jim Barker

[email protected]

Although he is based in the US, he is over in Europe this month on a maintenance tour and I believe he will be spending some time in the UK.

He is very well thought of in the Cirrus community.

EGSC

Great - thanks. I have emailed him.

Administrator

He is not in the UK on the current visit.

I have two contacts from the past but both are no longer operating.

Administrator

Mark Burton from smart avionics in the UK is selling a device that is doing prop balancing. Straighforward to use with an Android device and pretty cheap (525 pounds+VAT): http://www.smartavionics.com/pb3/pb3.html

Belgium

Poptech recomended me to: Mr Kerry Ashcroft. KrASH AVIATION Ltd.

50 Shakespeare Road,

Eaton Socon,

St Neots,

CAMBS.

PE19 8HT

Tel: 07540 162002

Email: [email protected]

I have my prop been overhauled this winter and would try them then - so no more information. The Company name is a bit off putting!

Norman
United Kingdom

Ian Chaplin at Thurrock has gained a very good reputation lately.

http://www.aeroservices.co.uk/thurrock_airfield.html

Slightly odd website, but I can forgive that. Some people just don't have the marketing gene.

He does prop overhaul work, so would have though he can do dynamic balancing (or if not, he'd know someone who could).

We've just switched our engineering there and couldn't be more impressed. 50hr in a few hours while we wait, annual in a week.

EGLM & EGTN

+1 for Ian Chaplin. He stripped/painted the prop of the Saratoga for a good price and delay, then declined balancing the prop saying it clearly didn't need it. RGV do it also, I haven't tried their prop services yet.

EGTF, LFTF

Yes RGV can do it.

EGTK Oxford

I think this has come up before but I can’t find it…

I am looking for somebody who can travel down to Shoreham (EGKA), or somebody based at a suitable airport not too far away.

Administrator
82 Posts
Sign in to add your message