Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TKS ice protection for a TB20

Peter wrote:

Have I posted a pic of the parts spread on the living room floor at home?

You didn’t, AFAIK :-)

So I’ll ask again mid-january ;-)

Peter
i am sure you are aware you can get reusable fittings for stainless steel braided teflon hose I would not see the need for swage as preassure will be not so high i guess for maybe you have good reason for otherwise

fly2000

Following this post, here’s a detailed view of the TKS panel installation in TB20 S/N 2138:

This installation fully conforms to the G500 retrofit brochure by Socata (p6)

LFNR

Well, many months late, the whole TKS kit is ready for shipping!

But I don’t have a hangar to do the work in, within a driving radius of the Shoreham area (where my A&P lives). So it looks like next winter, and we will erect a simple “tent” inside the unheated hangar, to make it a bit more pleasant (and necessary for some of the sealants).

But the last hangar we had, for the Annual, was a 1hr drive. I wonder if there are any strips, say 700m, with a hangar and electrical power, within reasonable drive of Worthing? Then I would consider installing it sooner, this year.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

At last !!

You know how much I am relying on you :-)

Hope you’ll keep us informed with loads of illustrations ;-)

Someone is going to be busy this winter

Some of the parts are really old. I just looked at some brackets and the date code is 2001. However that is no different to anything else in aviation.

Administrator

That’s wonderful !
Looking forward to reading the next steps :-)

Peter,

Do you have any idea what are you going to do with the parts of the prop deice system? I mean the pump and the reservoir? I am just about searching that parts for my aircraft. I will order a deiced prop for my TB from MT. I just need other side of the setup from the pump/tubing/ reservoir and the panel. You have 28V I gues, that might be the only technical issue.
Regards
Zsolt

Zsolt Szüle
LHTL, Hungary

They will be for sale. I think it will be only the 2 litre container and the pump in the side of it. Yes, 28V so for a 12V aircraft you would need to get an inverter.

Administrator

One step nearer…

Not shown above are a few bits e.g. a flat plate which all the pump etc gear hangs under (under the luggage compartment floor) and some templates.

Is there anyone who is really familiar with installing this type of TKS system and who would be willing to do a day’s “consultancy” in the Brighton area?

Specifically I would like a meetup with my A&P/IA (the installer) and also to go over the parts I have, to make sure nothing is missing or damaged.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message