Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The very best optional aircraft add-ons

If I had my own aircraft, I think a fuel totaliser would be my first investment.

Knowing exactly how much fuel you have rather than a conserative estimate really allows you to confidently use the range of your aircraft.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I made my list for IFR:
1 TKS
2 TKS
3 TKS
This list was developed after carefully considerations as a result of 4 years flying east west bound in various weather.No I don’t have TKS…yet…

Last Edited by Vref at 25 Sep 11:12
EBST

redRover wrote:

Isn’t the whole point of IFR that somebody else worries about separation?

No, not at all. There is class G and other airspace where you have no separation or are only separated from IFR traffic. A traffic system comes in handy in many situations. In classes A/B/C not so much of course. D and below traffic helps a lot.

EGTK Oxford

Additional fuel tank

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

I wanna know how to add a fuel tank to the TB20 so I can do even longer flights

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This is the order I did it in and I’m not sure I’d change the order (the new 8.33 Radio and Comms Panel not on the list was a complete waste of time since the old ones worked perfectly). I have a PA28 and fly VFR

1. Twin i-Pad minis and Sky Demon on both (one on each yoke) which gives a mini glass cockpit + redundancy when the sun shuts one down – the cheapest mod ever!
2. EDM – CHT and Fuel Flow indicator (fuel usage correct to 2%)
3. Powerflarm – Gliders scare me and also it is getting more useful as ADSB out gets connected to other powered Aircraft
4. My Borescope (I check the cylinders/valves etc at least every 50 hours)
5. Twin G5’s including Magnetometer
6. ADSB out using a Trig source to be as conspicuous as possible.

Next on the list ……….. ADL Goltze weather

Stuff I’d like if it was possible……….. An extra fuel tank (even 40 litres) / massive Bush tyres for those rough grass strips/ circuit breakers you could pull off!

United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I wanna know how to add a fuel tank to the TB20 so I can do even longer flights

Did you see the 2011 BBC documentary on the microlight Round Britain Rally? Carry jerrycans in the spare seat, undo your seatbelt and lean outside with a hosepipe to refill the tank

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message