Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

Just if someone had the same problem as me. I did not have cigarette lighter connection in the airplane. Sebastian made a cable for me, which i completed on the other end for a suitable powerbank. I didn’t find so many with the correct power output. But bought Power Oak K2.

https://cdon.se/hemelektronik/poweroak-k2-solar-50000mah-5v-12v-20v-laptop-powerbank-p47384818.

Last Edited by Jonas at 25 May 17:13
ESOW Västerås, Sweden

If anybody wants cables like this made up, I am happy to do it for nothing if somebody gives me the connectors and the wiring

I am always making up cables… it’s a “boy thing”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

TimR wrote:

We have recently gotten our Cirrus in-built ADL 120 updated/fixed due to this “gps rollover issue”.

I am sorry to hear you have an issue. Please send me an email or forum message to get your device going asap.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

You can upgrade the ADL firmware from the phone app, quite easily.

Just have to make sure there are no wifi access points nearby which it might try to connect to as this will mess it up. So I normally do the upgrade during a local flight, when airborne. It is usual to have to do it twice, for some reason (android app).

Administrator

Yesterday I tested my ADL150 with two clients connected over wifi and both seemed to be working.

I didn’t try a download with both of them concurrently though

Is there some difference across the ADL range as to how many clients they can support, and how much of it works?

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Is there some difference across the ADL range as to how many clients they can support, and how much of it works?

ADL110B, ADL120 and ADL130 can only serve one client at a time.

ADL140, ADL150(B), ADL190 and ADL200 can serve multiple clients simultaneously when running a recent firmware.

I didn’t try a download with both of them concurrently though

That should work. It will download the weather only once and then distribute it to all connected clients.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

@Sebastian_G
How does the ADL Wifi-mode: ”Client mode” work? Noticed it recently. Could not find any info in the manual last time i checked. Can i use the IFD540 network now? Any chance IFD can receive GDL90 data?

Last Edited by Jonas at 16 Jul 21:41
ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Jonas wrote:

Can i use the IFD540 network now?

You can connect the IFD to the ADL network with the latest IFD release (10.2.3.1). I tried it today and had both the IFD540 and ForeFlight on the ADL network. FF saw both the IFD and the ADL (flagged it as ADS-B) and I was able to transfer FPL back and forth between FF and the IFD over the ADL network. The IFD won’t receive data from the ADL, but FF should … will try that out on a trip starting tomorrow.

LSZK, Switzerland

Thanks, i was aware of that IFD could use the ADL-network. But it seems it can be used the other way around now when looking at the settings. I would prefer it that way if possible.

I fly with FF and ADL and it works great together!

ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Can someone explain what this precisely means?

Is the ADL providing a wifi access point which the IFD can connect to and act as a wifi router for it, so the device running the ADL client app can connect to the IFD instead of connecting to the ADL?

Or is the IFD providing a wifi access point which the ADL can connect to and act as a wifi router for it, so the device running the IFD client app(s) can connect to the ADL instead of connecting to the IFD?

AFAIK one AP (of the “infrastructure” type, not “adhoc” – not that I know which type the IFD or ADL are) cannot connect to another one.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message