Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

Manual process:
1) In ForeFlight, transfer (pull) FP from IFD to FF
2) Still in FF, copy FP to clipboard
3) Switch to ADLConnect app which automatically asks if you want to copy FP from clipboard to FP in ADLConnect.

Steps 2, 3 are described in ADLConnect flight plan import/export manual linked above.

Note that if the FP is changed in the IFD, it is also updated/sync’d in FF as long as the two remain connected. So step 1 only needs to be done once. Steps 2, 3 need to repeated though if the FP changes, vs the hardwire cnx where the FP changes are “pushed” directly to the ADL AFAIK.

I’d be interested to see IFD photos of ADL-provided wx & tfc, if anyone has made the RS232 ADL-IFD wiring setup.

LSZK, Switzerland

Clearly the RS232 wired version is much better because often the flight plan changes during a flight (getting shortcuts, etc) and you want the ADL app to reflect that instantly as soon as you edit the route in the GPS.

Yes; one can easily spend a day running a wire through the plane

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

IFD 4xx/5xx Integration
The ADL140/150(B)/190/200 running the latest firmware 8.53 can be wired
to the 4xx/5xx devices and will then be able to display radar

Any pictures available of how this looks ?

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

Any pictures available of how this looks ?

The radar will appear on the IFD. One picture below but I still have to get hold of one installation to do a proper YouTube video about this.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Wow, that looks awesome !

EBST, Belgium

Since the ADL200 has ADS-B traffic, will it also display on the IFD540 if wired? Is Peter correct that FPL changes on the IFD540 will automatically be reflected on ADLConnect?

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

Since the ADL200 has ADS-B traffic, will it also display on the IFD540 if wired?

Yes

chflyer wrote:

Is Peter correct that FPL changes on the IFD540 will automatically be reflected on ADLConnect?

Yes if properly wired. If you want bi directional communication (FPL to the ADL device and GDL90 weather out of the ADL device) you will need the ADLRS232 Combiner to adapt baud rates:
http://www.ing-golze.de/products_accessories.jsp

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

So an additional wire is needed to display wx on the IFD AND let the IFD control the fpl in the ADL. Are avionics installers familiar with this ADLRS232 ?

EBST, Belgium

Lesson: while the belly panels are off and you are running wires, run some extra wires A twin shielded is the most useful. I have left in place the KCS55 HSI/RMI wiring (a bundle about 2cm diameter) because (a) some is almost impossible to pull out due to inaccessible cable ties and (b) some of it has been useful since, e.g. for the ADL150-KLN95 GPS and flight plan data.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It would be great to have the ADL data displayed on the G1000 NXi of my aircraft.
Just dreaming, Sebastian…

EDDS, Germany
Sign in to add your message