Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

Peter

The airport and vor toggles are not there anymore on the IOS app. The FPL in toggle is also not there anymore on IOS.

There must have been updates on the software as I remember having seen those toggles before.

LSZH

That’s interesting Placido because Golze have just told me to use the FPL IN switch.

EDIT: The switch is intended to appear only if the app is connected to the ADL. It does not appear when you are accessing the Golze wx server over the internet. This is for IOS, at least.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

ok, that explains one of the issues, but what about the vor and airport switches?

have they been removed?

LSZH

It looks like they have been.

I checked the data going into the ADL today with a scope; it is there allright, 9600 baud

The scope screen looks so bad because it was +12C in the hangar and the LCD was too cold.

Administrator

The Android app does not show the FPL IN. This will be fixed in the next version.

I guess this was not discovered earlier because very few ADL users will have connected up the data connection.

Administrator

One advantage of the FLP IN function is that for the download only the actual remaining route is used and not the route that has been entered manually.
That saves download cost.

Alternatively one can delete the passed waypoints and by this also optimize the download volume.

EDMA, Germany

Of course, I see that But I also see that perhaps a large % of ADL users have not connected it up because in most cases it is an all-day avionics shop job just to get that one (shielded) wire in place, to access the back of the panel mounted GPS and do it reasonably neatly. That will put another €500+ on top of the purchase price of the ADL.

Administrator

True, I only did it when there was something of o on the avionics anyway.

On the previous airplane, it was not worth it to pull out our the stuff, just to put that wire in place, just as Peter said.

EDMA, Germany

Peter wrote:

I guess this was not discovered earlier because very few ADL users will have connected up the data connection.

And probably even fewer use the android version. The good thing is that Sebastian is very responsive.

EGTK Oxford

chwinter wrote:

One advantage of the FLP IN function is that for the download only the actual remaining route is used and not the route that has been entered manually.
That saves download cost.

Download always works for the remaining route from aircraft’s current position regardless if route is entered manually or uploaded.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message