Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ADL / Golze satellite weather system

I have been using the ADL120 for about a year.
Sebastian’s product works exactly as advertised and is a reasonably priced solution, especially when compared to the Avidine products.
There are different versions available:
Panel mount, as installed in Chris Parker’s Beechcraft Bonanza, or one can choose to buy a unit without a display and use a WiFi connection and display the data on an Ipad, or Iphone.
Due to my panel being full, I have obted for the later.
A hidden benefit is the abillity to send and receive text messages while enroute. Very nice feature.
Product is great and in my experience Sebastian has been very helpful throughout.

Last Edited by complex-pilot at 01 May 07:18

The WiFi is always available whether you have the display or not. I usually initiate downloads on my iPad then switch back to JeppFD or Skydemon and look at the display for the updated weather.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Emir,
you could install the little box (7×7×6 cm) anywhere out of view (like behind the glareshield) and connect it to the plane’s circuitry. In the Cirrus I will have it in the center console (a special kit that fits in there, I once helped Sebastian develop it) … and I will get the data on my iPhone 6’s screen which is hanging on the right side of the panel.

If you want the route to be displayed in the app automatically then you need top connect the Navcom with the ADL.

Hello Emir, I think your DA42 is a litte special in that most of them do not have any cigarette lighter socket. So you have two options:

1 Our new battery powered ADL130:
http://www.ing-golze.de/products_adl130.jsp

This device is battery powered and completely portable. You put the box in a side pocket and have only the small antenna on the glareshield.

2 Have you avionics shop install an ADL120
http://www.ing-golze.de/products_adl120.jsp

It will get its own circuit breaker and will be totally hidden. But this will require buying paperwork and come with some installation expenses.

Both devices will connect to your iPad / iPhone with a WiFi link. Then you can see the weather data using the ADLConnect app. The app is free and you can download it right now and see some sample weather data:
https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/adlconnect/id692813829?mt=8

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Hi Sebastian,

missed talking to you at the Aero but thought I can catch up with you here.

I’d be very interested in your products, the only trouble I have is that a) I have absolutely no panel space for the 110B device (which would be my preferred device) and I do not have Apple products. My tabs are all on Android, so is my phone.

Is there any plan to port your app for the 120 and 130 devices onto Android? Or what solutions are possible? I also have a Garmin 695 and a Garmin 430.

What I also wonder is if there was no way to feed your data to PFMS/EVFR or a similar app. Because sooner or later the cockpit gets very crowded with devices. Or if there was a way to provide a display unit for the battery powered unit like the butterfly displays for Flarm.

Trying to find a solution but don^’t really see through the thicket yet.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hello Sebastian or other owners,

I am also interested, but still trying to find a good interpretation for the different colours and imaging/visualize them vertically.
Are they equal as the colourcode legenda for the airfields?
Is there anything (coming) to derive tops?

EHLE Lelystad

Mooney Driver. I would normally regard Apple products as being pretty expensive, but once we start regarding them as a mere display for avionics, they become remarkably cheap ! Just consider an MFD vs an iPad with Jepp…

If you have no other use for Apple, how about buying an older used iPod (iPhone without the “phone”, but with wifi). I’m sure you can find one cheaply somewhere.

EGTR

Another question for Sebastian, why not work with Dynon in order to provide European weather coverage for Skyview? In the US, ADSB is available. Your solution seems to be the only one that is adequately priced for EU customers.

Belgium

Yes, a good used iPod touch (ebay!) on a RAM holder would be a good display for the ADL – and you could also use it to send text messages via Satellite.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 01 May 14:23

About cloud tops, how could be derive them, except from the interpretation of the IR-Sat ?

Sign in to add your message